Windows 7 Windows Update Error

collegekid83

I've been recieving errors for 5 updates over the past month or so, i tried re-installing and does not work, i went the update cache and deleted it then retried and it still does not work, im now out of options and its really bugging me. Here is a copy of the updates that are failing:

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 System (KB2288931)

Download size: 82 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security vulnerability exists in the 2007 Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability.

More information:
MS10-105: Description of the security update for the 2007 Microsoft Office system: December 14, 2010

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 System (KB2289158)

Download size: 7.3 MB

A security vulnerability exists in the 2007 Microsoft Office System and the Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system that could allow remote code execution. This update resolves that vulnerability.

More information:
MS10-087: Description of the security update for 2007 Office system: November 9, 2010

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 (KB2413381)

Download size: 858 KB

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability.

More information:
MS10-088: Description of the security update for PowerPoint Viewer 2007: November 9, 2010

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB2284697)

Download size: 3.8 MB

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability.

More information:
MS10-103: Description of the security update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007: December 14, 2010

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2466076)

Download size: 3.1 MB

This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail.

More information:
Description of the Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter update: December 14, 2010

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

I had a problem similar to this , I had 3 updates that would not load, I was told by a Moderator at MS tech net to do a repair installation of W7. This solved my problem. Be aware this is a time consuming process and at the end you will have a bunch of updates to re-install I had 50 plus.
Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums

Back
Top Bottom