Windows 10 windows update showing windows 10 home waiting for install

bigguyhawaii

I have windows 10 already installed on my pc. when I check the update it shows, upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586, waiting for install. how do I hide it or get rid of it?

Unfortunately you cannot. You can defer it to a later date or stop the updates altogether but eventually if you want to continue using the update service you'll also need to install this latest version. As long as your AV is disabled the upgrade should be relatively smooth but i understand your caution.

AS kemical says. But the added problem us that if you do not allow it to continue, it will probably interfere with future updates until you do.

I cannot recollect, but isn't there also a message saying something like "Restart now" or "continue"?

ok the problem I have/had is that the update is called upgrade to windows 10 it actually basically a patch not an upgrade. this was confusing and made me wonder if I would have to re-download my programs and my ms office which I had to do when I went from 8.1 to 10.

Technically it is an upgrade but you won't lose anything or at least shouldn't.. :)

it does appear to turn the onedrive/ skydrive back on even if you had it disabled and you may need to regive permissions to see some network shares

Back
Top Bottom