Windows 8 windows updater not updating

luckydearly

Hey all, been having a lot of problems with windows updater not activating. I've tried the troubleshooter on microsoft's website and several other solutions but nothing seems to work. I hope I can get some answers to my question cause nothing seems to connect, not even windows smart glass and the update icon for windows 10 doesn't appear on the toolbar.

tried a dism scan and got this as a result

error 0x800f0906

any help is appreciated.

Hi Lucky,
are you running any security apps?

Try running the system file checker. Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

okay ran the scan and here's what I got

Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log windir\logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.

should I copy and paste the log here?

Sure we can then take a look. It might be easier if you zipped it up first and then click upload file near the buttons where you post threads.

Ok well there is quite a bit of corruption with the Store, Defender, Calculator and notepad all getting a mention. Can you now try running this scan again in an admin command prompt. I know you already ran a DISM scan but sometimes with running the SFC scan first it can make a difference. Type this in an admin command prompt:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results.

okay ran both scans, the SFC scan gave the same result, the DISM scan gave the same result as above, same error code as well.

I can post both logs up from both scans and hope this can lead to a solution.

Attachments

• dism.rar
    7.9 KB · Views: 161
  • CBS.rar
    41.5 KB · Views: 157
might have to cancel on the system restore since the dates I have only go back to the 6th (the corrupt files would still be there unfortunately) I do have an alternative, I'll try a system refresh later.

System refresh failed as well.
Hi,
do you mean the actual Refresh failed to complete or that it didn't fix the issue?

Can you post what installation media you have if any as well your system specification (make and model), thanks.

Back