Windows 10 windows upgrade 7 to 10

blmock01

I am tasked with upgrading Win 7 workstations to Win 10.

I have successfully upgraded two(2) windows 7 machines to Windows 10 using the Media creation tool with the option "Upgrade this PC".
The process took about 30 minutes for each and one workstation was a 32-bit OS and the other was a 64-bit OS. Now, I am on my third workstation and it has a 32-bit OS and I have tried about 7 times to upgrade this OS to windows 10 and it throws the same error ever time The insallation failed in th SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation (0x8007001F - 0x20006)
I have searched google and reviewed windows 7 log entries and I am not seeing anything obvious that is failing. The only thing I see in windows event logs is Windows failed to update.
Does anyone here have any suggestions or helpful tips that can help me on upgrading this Windows 7 to Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool?

In the 'Information about your computer' it states that there is only 2 GB of RAM . I am assuming that is causing the error, but I don't think the error message is related to that?

8007001F means a device is not functioning and 20006 just means safe boot phase(2) and REPLICATE_OC (06) is where the issue occurred. I would make sure you have all non-essential devices unplugged from the computer, disable any security software and also disable any media card readers (these tend to cause issues with the upgrade too)

Hallo,
Ich habe mir bei amazon einen Windows 10-Stick gekauft
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07WS6WSJ2/ref=pe_3044161_189395811_TE_SCE_3p_dp_1

Statt von diesem Stick zu booten habe ich im laufenden Windows 7 System (Home Premium)
unter dem Total Commander als Administrator die Datei: f:\x64\setup.exe
vom Stick gestartet.
Da wurde mir Windows 10 Home auf dem Windows 7 System "drübergebügelt",
der KEY wurde automatisch von Windows 7 übernommen.
Da ich Windows 10 Professional nicht brauche, habe ich den beim Kauf mitgeteilten KEY auch nicht benötigt.
Das alles hat ca. 4 Stunden gedauert.

Nach Download und Ausführen des Programms "O&OShutUp10", wo ich die
Sicherheits-Einstellungen angepaßt habe, sehe ich alle meine Daten,
fast alle Programme und Einstellungen wie unter Windows 7 wieder.
Die Unterschiede zu Windows 7 sind im Wesentlichen marginal.
Allerdings komme ich mit dem START-Menü (WINDOWS-Taste) nicht zurecht.

Ich kann dieses Vorgehen nur empfehlen. Allerdings habe ich zur
Sicherheit meine Windows 7 Partition unter Linux mit 'fsarchiver' vorab
gesichert.

Dabei kann der neueste 'fsarchiver' keine ntfs-Partitionen sichern, aber
durchaus wiederherstellen.
sudo fsarchiver --version -> 0.8.5 (2018-07-10); utfs-3g --version -> 2017.3.23AR.3

Mit meinem veralteten (EOL) UBUNTU 12.04 und dessen älterer
'fsarchiver'-Version
gelang dann auch die Sicherung ( ca. 80 GB auf
einer externen Festplatte).
sudo fsarchiver --version -> 0.6.12 (2010-12-15); utfs-3g --version -> 2012.1.15AR.1

Gruß
Ch. Hanisch

Back