Windows Vista Windows Vista 32 Bit or 64 Bit???

gareth_mattey

Hi there,

i currently have windows vista ultimate 32 bit x86 but i'm thinking of upgrading to 64 bit ultimate but is it worth it? Any advantages? I'm sure you get asked this a lot but just wondering if it's worth it.

PC Spec:

AMD AM2 6000+ dual core processor
Asus m2n-sli deluxe mobo
4gb ddr2 667 ram
asus x1550 graphics card 1gb

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

Everything over 3GB needs 64 bit operating system, XP or Vista. You have 4GB, right? 32 bit OS can use only about 3GB. You may 1GB sell and get money back :)

Hi there,

i currently have windows vista ultimate 32 bit x86 but i'm thinking of upgrading to 64 bit ultimate but is it worth it? Any advantages? I'm sure you get asked this a lot but just wondering if it's worth it.

PC Spec:

AMD AM2 6000+ dual core processor
Asus m2n-sli deluxe mobo
4gb ddr2 667 ram
asus x1550 graphics card 1gb

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi, well as I understand it, due to what I've read, 64bit is the future. What I mean is that eventually 32bit will be phased out. Currently though 64bit is still in its infancy and sometimes finding drivers especially ones that work can be difficult. As software gets more advanced and complicated there will be an advantage to run in 64bit as apposed to 32. At the moment though the only 'real' advantage I can see is being able to run 4GB of RAM or more ( I'm sure all the 64bit users will now post clobbering me :rolleyes:). Take Crysis for example, Crytek, who make the game, say it runs better in 64bit but If you checked the Crysis forums though you will find many 64bit users complaing that the game won't run. As for me, I'm going to wait and stick with my 32bit operating system with 3GB of RAM. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom