Windows Vista Windows Vista is Absolute Garbage

marchio

It is rubbish - so full of bugs its almost completely unusable..........

Microsoft have completely lost the plot

I think he must be stirring a pot or just too stubborn to embrace change. Bet he still rides a horse instead of driving a car too. ;)

Sorry Marchino but post like that don't help anyone, especially you.

you know... my old goemetry teacher used to tell me,"john,( thats my name) if one person tells you something they might me uninformed, if two tell you the same thing, they might both be uninformed, or even dilusional, or worse...... stupid, however if three or four or more ppl tell you the same thing... you may want to pay attention" . this brings us to the dilema as to where you fall in this issue.. ill leave that to the forum........... thanx for your input:confused:

I agree with lead post - bugs at every corner - brand new computer = 2G; 320G;Viiv;
Mediaplayer scratchy and hangs/stalls with commercial DVDs; "IE has stopped working" appears frequently; Firefox stalls out; cannot use Adobe Flash; google toolbar issues; just a huge pain in the ass at every turn - apart from the constant Cancel or Allow - JeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

I agree with lead post - bugs at every corner - brand new computer = 2G; 320G;Viiv;
Mediaplayer scratchy and hangs/stalls with commercial DVDs; \"IE has stopped working\" appears frequently; Firefox stalls out; cannot use Adobe Flash; google toolbar issues; just a huge pain in the ass at every turn - apart from the constant Cancel or Allow - JeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

I'll admit that until you've configured Vista properly, downloaded the updates/hotfixes and turned off the UAC (User Account Control) then this OS can be extremely frustrating. I've now been using Vista for nearly 10mths and have grown to love it. Like you at first it drove me crazy with all the little bugz ect (even now it still sometimes forgets settings after its been turned off for a while) but it is slowly getting better and better, believe me, when I say if it wasn't, I'd have soon gone back to XP! Right, I'm now off to play some more Crysis in beautiful Dx10... Something I would not be doing if I was using XP.

If you want some ideas on making Vista better then read this old thread here:
http://winvistaforums.com/windows-vista-support/10412-win-vista-strange-performance.html

I certainly agree

brand new laptop with vista. total crap. slow..buggie....locks up more than win 3.1...takes forever to boot. m$ should be sued for selling this crap.

Re: I certainly agree

brand new laptop with vista. total crap. slow..buggie....locks up more than win 3.1...takes forever to boot. m$ should be sued for selling this crap.

MS never claimed this OS would work except on the newer component system. It's too bad many system houses, Toshiba, HP, Acer, ...etc, have tried to sell systems that are not up to full standards. I would venture to say that if you have done the things that Kemical has recommended and your still having problems it's your hardware that's kicking your arse. ;)

Hi just to off topic, nmanley how are you liking the GT? They look like a good card.. :cool:

Very good so far. I haven't overclocked the card but my Q6600 is @3ghz.

I'm running Crysis at very high settings, except shader which is on medium, and averaging 25 to 40 fps while moving around depending on game situation.
I got the EVGA and signed up for their upgrade program. I'm good to upgrade for full purchase price if something better comes out by the end of Jan. ;)

BTW...I'm a rookie at Cyrsis. :p

Thats good framerates for those settings. I manage about the same but my settings are a mixture of medium and high. I could run everything set to high but I prefer the better FPS I get with this set up. Have you seen the benchmark utility for Crysis? You can download it here:
Crysis Benchmark Tool 1.05 Final download from Guru3D.com
It uses the benchmark utility already included with the game but you can tweak the settings a lot more easily.

Re: I certainly agree

MS never claimed this OS would work except on the newer component system. It's too bad many system houses, Toshiba, HP, Acer, ...etc, have tried to sell systems that are not up to full standards. I would venture to say that if you have done the things that Kemical has recommended and your still having problems it's your hardware that's kicking your arse. ;)
Bullshit. See the "Vista Ready" or "Windows Vista" stickers they put on laptops? That's Microsoft approval. Computer has to be up to certain Microsoft standards before it gets a sticker stating something about Vista capabilities. For example Asus Eee will never wear "Vista Ready" sticker, MS would sue Asus for that. Specs are way too low.

Back
Top Bottom