Windows 8 Windows won’t see / find my mouse

ronc0011

At first I thought maybe it was the mouse or even the USB port but as I pursued other possibilities I discovered that my mouse worked just fine from other OS’s such as Acronis Rescue media and also Windows Recovery Console. But no mouse inside of windows. BTW I’m running Windows 8.1 .

This is something that has happened before but resolved itself pretty quickly. But this time it’s not fixing itself at all. I have tried my regular USB mouse. This is a mouse that came with an Acer desktop machine with XP, it has always been a good mouse and in fact is the one that still works fine with the Windows Recovery Console and Acronis Rescue Media. However I also tried the Microsoft Wireless mouse from my desktop machine and even went and bought a new Microsoft Wireless Mouse and downloaded the current drivers for it and still no mouse in Windows

At first I thought maybe it was the mouse or even the USB port but as I pursued other possibilities I discovered that my mouse worked just fine from other OS’s such as Acronis Rescue media and also Windows Recovery Console. But no mouse inside of windows. BTW I’m running Windows 8.1 .

This is something that has happened before but resolved itself pretty quickly. But this time it’s not fixing itself at all. I have tried my regular USB mouse. This is a mouse that came with an Acer desktop machine with XP, it has always been a good mouse and in fact is the one that still works fine with the Windows Recovery Console and Acronis Rescue Media. However I also tried the Microsoft Wireless mouse from my desktop machine and even went and bought a new Microsoft Wireless Mouse and downloaded the current drivers for it and still no mouse in Windows

OK got an update . I just tried installing the drivers for the new mouse that I downloaded from Microsofts webpage and when I run the install it gives an error that says the install encountered an error; the computer didn’t meet the system requirements.

Setup must close because an error occurred. Verify that your system meets the system requirements on the product packaging. REALLY????

The system is a Lenovo ideapad with an I7 processor and 4GB RAM running 64 bit Windows 8.1 and I’m guessing that if I run the Windows Recovery Console through to its finish and let it actually re install Windows it will in all likelihood run my mouse just fine

Back