Windows 8 Windows won't use Hardware Reserved 4gb of ram, when 6gb is installed

Disposal

Hi I'm on Windows 8 64-bit on a Toshiba Satellite L750
My computer has constantly been a pain and has not once been completely usable. There is always some sort of flaw.
I deleted everything and installed Windows 8 last week because it seemed as though only 2gb of my 6gb of ram was being used, and I wanted to installed Win 8.

Currently in the Resource Monitor I have 2 gb in use/free and 4gb of is labelled 'Hardware Reserved' and doesn't appear to do anything.
I have spent the past two hours trying out different methods to get it to work, but none of them did, and on the forums I looked at there seemed to be no real solution and the threads just trail off into unrelated problems.

I really need this 4gb to be active so I can actually use my computer properly and use the full 6gb of ram that came with the laptop. This problem has been around on Windows 7 and still exists after doing a fresh install of Windows 8.

QS87nE8.png

Thanks, and I really hope I can get this working for once.

• Reset your BIOS to optimized defaults or failsafe defaults if you can.
  • Disable memory assignment options in the BIOS.
  • Ensure all RAM is seated properly in the DIMM slots and that nothing is blocking them.
  • Run MemTest86 and rule out corrupt DIMMs. If it shows errors at any time the RAM is faulty. This is a critical operation.
Do you have 4GB of RAM on your graphics card? This would lend itself to a memory assignment problem or conflict.

What other options did you run? What kind of RAM is it and are they all matching DIMMS with the same clocking? Best of luck.

Back