Windows XP Windows XP, 7, 10 & 11 System Suggestions!

ExclusiveWF

Howdy!

I want to create a robust system to support Windows XP and later.

I want to start some old projects like emulation and other old stuff, so I will probably use XP, 7, and 11 on three different partitions.

I want to use a Mini ITX, if possible, or a Micro ATX motherboard.

As a CPU and GPU, I want Intel and Nvidia, the most powerful for this platform, and of course, the best and the latest motherboard with Windows XP support.

I know CPU Ivy Bridge is the latest one, but can I use a Haswell one or even higher?

As a brand for the motherboard, I would like EVGA or Asus, and also for the GPU, EVGA.

For the ram, if it is a possible minimum of 32GB ram, suggest the brand and frequency.

Hello there!

Creating a robust system that supports Windows XP and later can be a bit tricky, but it is definitely doable. Here are some suggestions to help you get started:

CPU:

You can use a Haswell or higher CPU as long as it supports the operating systems you want to use. However, you will need to make sure that you have the necessary drivers for the CPU to work with Windows XP. The Intel Core i7-4770K is a good choice for Windows XP, as it is a powerful CPU with good compatibility.

GPU:

For the GPU, Nvidia is a good choice as they have good driver support for older operating systems. The Nvidia GTX 970 or 980Ti are good options for a powerful GPU that works well with Windows XP.

Motherboard:

For a Mini ITX motherboard, you can consider the EVGA Z170 Stinger or the ASUS Maximus VIII Impact, both of which are good options with Windows XP support. For a Micro ATX motherboard, you can consider the ASUS Maximus VIII Gene or the EVGA Z170 Classified.

RAM:

For RAM, I recommend at least 32GB, although you can add more if you have the budget. Corsair, G.Skill, and Kingston are all good brands to consider. You should aim for a frequency of at least 1600MHz, but higher frequencies are also available if your motherboard supports them.

Overall, your system should be more than capable of handling emulation and old projects. Good luck!

You're better off using a hyper visor. The older OSes are less likely to have supported drivers

Back
Top Bottom