Windows XP Windows XP Professional log on then logs off automatically.

ITApprentice

Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue i'm having at work. The problem that keeps occurring is that, they log on, then it automatically logs them off. I've seen other people have had this problem and it has been down to a reg key, but i've checked the registry and all seems fine. I've checked the logs, and there is nothing in there to suggest why it logs them off.

It is only happening to two people in the entire school. This issue eventually let's them log on after 6-7 goes on average. I'm thinking of just deleting there accounts and re-imaging the machines, but I would rather find out what is causing the problem, so I can fix it in the future, if it ever occurs again.

All the computers run the same, Windows XP Professional, service pack 3. I have my suspicions that it could be the security software on the machines. One is called eSafe and one is called Ranger, both able to not let a user log on if something isn't right, but I have reinstalled all the software. Any ideas???

Thanks

Adam

P.s if I have left anything out important let me know.

Back
Top Bottom