Windows 8 Windows8/Computer seems to malfunction

Karim

Hi guys,

I have a Medion Akoya computer with Windows 8 installed on it. Basically, it's really not working as it is supposed to. Somehow internet/downloading speed is lower than it should be, since it is working fine on all our other devices/computers. Next to that, you cannot download a lot of things like Java and other essential programs. Furthermore, if a Youtube video is playing, the computer gets really slow as well and sometimes and freezes.

I have reset the computer to factory settings a coupe of times but that did not help. I even sent it to the factory with all the problems listed, but they send it back and said there is nothing wrong with it of which they can do something about.

My question is whether you guys know what the problem is and how to solve it. Is it my computer? Is it one of the drivers? Is it something else I do not know about? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Although it is in Dutch, I think most of it is understandable.

Processor: AMD Quad Core A10-6700 processor (3.7 GHz tot 4.3 GHz, met ingebouwde AMD Radeon HD 8670D GPU)
Werkgeheugen: 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM-werkgeheugen (1.600 MHz)
Grafische kaart: Nee, zit in de processor. Radeon HD 8670D
Opslagapparaat: 1TB harde schijf
Optische opslag: Multistandaard CD-/DVD brander
Draadloos netwerk: WiFi b/g/n
Geluid: 8-kanaals High Definition Audio
Aansluitingen: 5x USB 2.0, 3x USB 3.0, multikaartlezer, Optical out, HDMI, Gigabit LAN
Besturingssysteem: Microsoft Windows 8.1
Afmetingen: 18 x 37,5 x 41,5 cm
Gewicht: 9 kg
Extra’s: USB-toetsenbord en optische USB-muis

Although it is in Dutch, I think most of it is understandable.

Processor: AMD Quad Core A10-6700 processor (3.7 GHz tot 4.3 GHz, met ingebouwde AMD Radeon HD 8670D GPU)
Werkgeheugen: 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM-werkgeheugen (1.600 MHz)
Grafische kaart: Nee, zit in de processor. Radeon HD 8670D
Opslagapparaat: 1TB harde schijf
Optische opslag: Multistandaard CD-/DVD brander
Draadloos netwerk: WiFi b/g/n
Geluid: 8-kanaals High Definition Audio
Aansluitingen: 5x USB 2.0, 3x USB 3.0, multikaartlezer, Optical out, HDMI, Gigabit LAN
Besturingssysteem: Microsoft Windows 8.1
Afmetingen: 18 x 37,5 x 41,5 cm
Gewicht: 9 kg
Extra’s: USB-toetsenbord en optische USB-muis
That doesn't look too bad. Reasonably respectable for a "Medion"
Why don't you try doing a clean boot and see if it's bloatware, startup programs, services and processes that may be bogging it down.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Back