Wired LocalDiskC FreeSpace

Marron

Can someone tell me please where is the rest 10GB+ located on my LocalDiskC ?
When I get it's properties It says 37GB used space. If I count every single folder inside it (hidden ones too) I get around 26GB. Can you help me please ? I want my 10GB+ back ! Ths space on my LocalDiskC is already small. I don't want it to be smaller.

http://prntscr.com/3lk7cj

Doing the math....(39.4 + 21.1 = 56) which is what your total disk is. Your math is not taking in account the space used/needed by the OS....so your 26 GB of data plus the 10 GB for the OS (or the hidden partition {D: drive} of the system image if an OEM retail PC) gives you 36 GB total used. If you could post a screen shot of the disk management window so we can be sure of your setup.

Marron

LocalDiskC is 56GB, just as I allocated it. There is no 'D' Drive, as the rest of the space is occupied by my MAC. On LocalDiskC I only installed Windows and Drivers, and other small programs.

DiskManagement:
http://prntscr.com/3lkjba

Marron

To be more specific, what I am trying to say is that my computer says I have 39GB occupied space on LocalDiskC, but if I sum up everything in LocalDiskC I get 23.13, and I did sum up the hidden folders.
Does anybody know what could be happening here ? I am really confused, as I am almost sure I didn't install software worth 39GB.

Richard Hughes

This space is probably being used up by System Restore / Volume Shadow Copy. If you right-click on "Computer" and then select "Properties" from the produced menu, and then "System Protection". From the "System Protection" tab on the "System Properties" dialog box, select "Local Disk (C: (System)" from the "Protection Settings" list and then click on the "Configure..." button. From the "System Protection for Local Disk (C:", you should be able to see the current disk usage for system restore points and shadow copies.

You can delete the stored restore points & shadow copies by clicking on the "Delete" button, but be aware that this will delete all of your currently stored restore points.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.