Windows 7 Wireless Adapter driver not working .

cerisk360

I use Toshiba Satellite L645-S4056. I lost my recovery partition so i installed windows 7 from another DVD. Previously my laptop had home premium but i installed ultimate with a DVD. After installing computer doesnot detect any Network adapter. It doesnot even show wireless adpater in device manager so i cannot install specific driver. I went to toshiba website downloaded an exe file that install wireless driver specific to my model but still it does not recognize. While troubleshooting it says cannot detect any properly installed network adapter. Is it because of home premium and ultimate conflict ?? How do get proper driver and install it ?? Please help ASAP !! Thanks in advance
A picture of my device manager is below :)
AyVvz.png

I could not find your exact model number on the US Toshiba site, but an S4055. It seems to have an Intel Wireless adapter and the link to the driver page is below.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

If you have wired internet access, Windows might find a driver through Windows Update, but it might take some time. You could try installing the driver yourself by searching for it using the add a device dialog. Downloading the driver referenced, or one for your exact model number will probably work.

If you want to check for sure, there are some utilities that will check your devices and give a description, or you may be able to open the panel covering the adapter, if it is set up that way, and find the model.

I don't know about Toshiba, but Dell uses a tag system you can use to track down your exact install so you will know what is in it. Maybe Toshiba uses such a system.

Back