Wireless laptop card with linux

Matt

Hi guys,

I just bought a laptop. I will be buying a wireless card for it. I would like to know which is the best card to get in terms that it will be compatible with Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn. It must be at least Wireless G, and if there are any N, I'm open to hear.

Thanks,
Matt :)

I tried it with 7.04, and it worked.

Now as for linux, I have a complaint. I has Windows on one partition on my laptop, and another partition for Ubuntu. So, I loaded the alt CD, and began installing, telling it to use the Ubuntu partition. Well, all went well till it tried to load the kernel, which resulted in an error. I told it to use another kernel, and it worked. Too early to celebrate, as it failed on installing X, the graphic manager. So, I tried to go back to windows, and it said "OS missing". I tried to recover Windows, and it couldn't find any copy of windows. I told it to try to do a deep search, and it started the repair. Rebooted, and told it repair. This time, it found Windows, and started to repair. I tried to boot then, and still an error. I told it to try to repair once again, and finaly, it booted.

It was a bad CD, as I used the built in checking feature afterwards, and it failed.

I always burn things at maximun speed. I think it was just an error in the download.

I may give Ubuntu a try again, but I don't think I'll keep it, as I don't have enough space to dual boot. I'll most likely just use XP.

Right now, I have Vista on my laptop, but I will be going back to XP. I just it to be too slow. Oh well, it didn't even meet the minimun requirements, so can't really complain. But I need a copy of windows on my laptop to be able to play Counter Strike on it.

Have you tried Wine on your laptop when you ran linux? I was able to get couter strike running very well in wine. (on my laptop) What kind of laptop do you have Matt?

My laptop is in my sig. I'm getting about 25FPS avarage. Sometimes, it goes to 40, and other times it plumets to 5 for a few seconds.

Yeh, my internet connect has problems. I hate it when I lag and I'm about to shoot, only to find that I'm dead already.

you need to use a wireless laptop adapter.

Hi guys,

I just bought a laptop. I will be buying a wireless card for it. I would like to know which is the best card to get in terms that it will be compatible with Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn. It must be at least Wireless G, and if there are any N, I'm open to hear.

Thanks,
Matt :)

see here:Wireless network interface card - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many people consider Lucent, Orinoco, Agere, and Avaya as the best wireless card manufacturers.

Have you tried Wine on your laptop when you ran linux? I was able to get couter strike running very well in wine. (on my laptop) What kind of laptop do you have Matt?

And if WINE does not work, i would try out a product called Link Removed - Invalid URL

Works well with a lot of popular windows games on linux

Back