Windows 7 Wireless networks not seen

gary7

I just installed Windows 7 and it isnt seeing any wireless networks. The computer I am typing on now right is next to the Windows 7 computer is having no problems connecting to a wireless network. Is anyone else having this problem and if so how did you correct it?

Gary

PS I have also gone through network adapters to try to resolve the problem and had no success.

I've been running a linksys wifi adapter for about 7 days now... no problems...
I didnt even need the disk to install drivers....

do you have a local network connection still plugged in other then the wireless adapter?

I just installed Windows 7 and it isnt seeing any wireless networks. The computer I am typing on now right is next to the Windows 7 computer is having no problems connecting to a wireless network. Is anyone else having this problem and if so how did you correct it?

Gary

PS I have also gone through network adapters to try to resolve the problem and had no success.
Gary this sounds like a major driver issue. Try installing the latest VISTA driver for the device and see if that helps. Also as dumb as it may sound check to make sure that if your computer has an on/off switch for the wireless network that it is on and not off someone else had a similar problem and that was the solution.

Back