Windows 7 Wireless Printer Not Connected

seekermeister

Honorable Member
For whatever reason, all three computers that I installed and tested my HP CP1025nw printer on just a few days ago, the tray icons now show that it isn't connected. I recycled the power on the printer and rebooted one of the computers as well as attempted to print a page, but nothing worked. I'm guessing that means that the printer is on the fritz, but I wanted to see if anyone had an idea that might help?

it might work okay, if it were hardwired but that isn't practical to do with all 3 computers.

seekermeister

Honorable Member
Hmm, I just checked in Devices And Printers to find that the printer wasn't listed. I selected the Add Device button and since it showed my printer, I selected it and it then sounded a connect .wav and appeared as it should have in the first place. I sent a test page to it and it printed it as well, but the tray icon still says that it isn't connected, and I don't find it listed in the Device Manager. When I added the printer as previously mentioned, it also displayed a window saying that it was installing a driver, and what I did find in the Device Manager was something called "WSD Printer Device" (whatever that is?) and it did print what I sent to it properly, but the tray icon still says that it isn't connected.

I also failed to mention previously that I tried to use the HP configuration utility to reconfigure the previous installation, but after a little bit, it said that it had failed, with no explanation of the failure. I would just try starting the installation over again and see what happened as if it were just a faulty installation, I don't think that would have happened on all three machines at the same time.

EDIT: Just checked the HP directory in the Start Menu, and the configuration utility nor the uninstaller are not visible any longer.

Last edited:

seekermeister

Honorable Member
The only thing that has changed recently is that I flashed the router's firmware. Since the printer connects to all of the computer through the router, I'm thinking that it somehow lost the printer, but I can't remember anything in the router's configuration that mentioned the printer. Maybe I will just have to try installing again new with one computer and see if that solves anything before trying anything on the other two computers.

Last edited:

seekermeister

Honorable Member
I checked in Programs and Features, and it only listed two items, the HP Help-Learn Center and the HP Updater, nothing that looked like a means to do a proper uninstall (the same with Revo). I also checked in the HP installation directory and found nothing there to either reconfigure or uninstall anything. Something is really screwball.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.