Windows 7 Wireless Printer Not Connected

seekermeister

Honorable Member
For whatever reason, all three computers that I installed and tested my HP CP1025nw printer on just a few days ago, the tray icons now show that it isn't connected. I recycled the power on the printer and rebooted one of the computers as well as attempted to print a page, but nothing worked. I'm guessing that means that the printer is on the fritz, but I wanted to see if anyone had an idea that might help?

it might work okay, if it were hardwired but that isn't practical to do with all 3 computers.

Hmm, I just checked in Devices And Printers to find that the printer wasn't listed. I selected the Add Device button and since it showed my printer, I selected it and it then sounded a connect .wav and appeared as it should have in the first place. I sent a test page to it and it printed it as well, but the tray icon still says that it isn't connected, and I don't find it listed in the Device Manager. When I added the printer as previously mentioned, it also displayed a window saying that it was installing a driver, and what I did find in the Device Manager was something called "WSD Printer Device" (whatever that is?) and it did print what I sent to it properly, but the tray icon still says that it isn't connected.

I also failed to mention previously that I tried to use the HP configuration utility to reconfigure the previous installation, but after a little bit, it said that it had failed, with no explanation of the failure. I would just try starting the installation over again and see what happened as if it were just a faulty installation, I don't think that would have happened on all three machines at the same time.

EDIT: Just checked the HP directory in the Start Menu, and the configuration utility nor the uninstaller are not visible any longer.

Last edited:
The only thing that has changed recently is that I flashed the router's firmware. Since the printer connects to all of the computer through the router, I'm thinking that it somehow lost the printer, but I can't remember anything in the router's configuration that mentioned the printer. Maybe I will just have to try installing again new with one computer and see if that solves anything before trying anything on the other two computers.

Last edited:
I checked in Programs and Features, and it only listed two items, the HP Help-Learn Center and the HP Updater, nothing that looked like a means to do a proper uninstall (the same with Revo). I also checked in the HP installation directory and found nothing there to either reconfigure or uninstall anything. Something is really screwball.

Back