Windows 7 Wireless Switch Button / F2 Button not working / Disabled

Jacano

Hello, recently I used a software AVG PC Tuneup and it has never been a problem for me until a couple of days ago when I decided to install it on my DELL. Now, I went to system advisory and did a system scan on recommended settings, I pressed 'fix selected' and my Wifi was disabled, I tried everything. I can't get my wifi to work without plugging in my modem directly ot my pc. I noticed my wifi radio was disabled, so I pressed the F2 button but nothing worked. I am trying to re enable my wifi radio / wireless radio connection button but it won't work.

My program intel my wifi utility tells me my wifi is disabled but I can't enable it. Any help? Thank you.

System information

Manufacturer: Dell
PC Model: Inspiron N5010
System Type: 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional

Screen Caps

Fullscreen capture 682011 73350 PM.bmp.jpg

Fullscreen capture 682011 73400 PM.bmp.jpg
Fullscreen capture 682011 73318 PM.bmp.jpg
Fullscreen capture 682011 73331 PM.bmp.jpg

Jacano:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Type ncpa.cpl into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
right click the wireless adapter and choose enable,
or
Open device manager expand network adapters, right click the wireless adapter and choose enable.

Jacano:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Type ncpa.cpl into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
right click the wireless adapter and choose enable,
or
Open device manager expand network adapters, right click the wireless adapter and choose enable.

Thank you, but I've tried those options and I've had on luck. They al say it's enabled. I don't know what AVG did to my settings but I can't connect.

Screen cap:

Fullscreen capture 682011 81046 PM.bmp.jpg

type services.msc into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
scoll down to bottom, locate WLAN AutoConfig double click it
click the start button and set the startup type to automatic.
type ncpa.cpl into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
right click the wireless adapter and choose properties
click the configure button under the "Connect using:" Text box
Select the advanced tab
look in the left "Property" column for a property that controls the radio, may be something like Radio On or Radio Off. See attachment.

type services.msc into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
scoll down to bottom, locate WLAN AutoConfig double click it
click the start button and set the startup type to automatic.
type ncpa.cpl into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
right click the wireless adapter and choose properties
click the configure button under the "Connect using:" Text box
Select the advanced tab
look in the left "Property" column for a property that controls the radio, may be something like Radio On or Radio Off. See attachment.

I did the first part although the second part i don't have radio on or off choice

Capture.PNG

THANK YOU SO MUCH! The second option didn't workm so I wnt to the first option and went to the WLAN AutoConfig and I enabled but it didn't work, so I restarted it, my wireless now works! And my F2 Button! Thanks so much!

I have WLAN AutoConfig started and set to automatic but I still can't seem to enable wireless connection

Back