Windows 7 WiseCustomCalla1.exe what is this?????????

flyingonempty

I have found in server(computer name)C:\Users\Server\038A524F58DB438A83918F7F0CA14B9E.TMP WiseCustomCalla1.exe
I have no Idea what this is......I have see a blog that thinks this is mcaffee or what ever the antivisrus is BUT I have no Idea...any help ??? can I delete I am running win 7 64 sp1 with AVG anti virus .....Thanks:)

From what I can determine from some brief research WiseCustomCalla.exe (with whatever number following it) is used by any number of applications, anything from McAfee (some versions), some Symantec / Norton products, Anonymizer, some spread sheet managers, and there are even reports of it being used by some Microsoft Games for Windows Live.
I suspect it might be some type of phone home executable combined with a DLL to facilitate updates.
I don't think I would be overly concerned about it unless you are seeing some symptoms of the computer misbehaving, such as unexplainable CPU spikes, unusual memory consumption, etc.,.
You may be able to use a program such as Process Explorer to get a better idea as to what it might be doing, if anything during normal computer operation.
Regards
Randy

As Randy points out I'd just leave it be if it is an actual process.

From what I can determine from some brief research WiseCustomCalla.exe (with whatever number following it) is used by any number of applications, anything from McAfee (some versions), some Symantec / Norton products, Anonymizer, some spread sheet managers, and there are even reports of it being used by some Microsoft Games for Windows Live.
I suspect it might be some type of phone home executable combined with a DLL to facilitate updates.
I don't think I would be overly concerned about it unless you are seeing some symptoms of the computer misbehaving, such as unexplainable CPU spikes, unusual memory consumption, etc.,.
You may be able to use a program such as Process Explorer to get a better idea as to what it might be doing, if anything during normal computer operation.
Regards
Randy
Thanks a lot for your reply...I will take a long look at this when it starts to run

Back