Weegee

When I first opened WMP in Vista, it would take a while to open and start playing music. However, in Windows 7 it opens almost instantly. Is it just faster, or is it opening in startup so it starts faster? I suspect this because my start up is not much faster than Vista, and i did not do an ugrade install (which I heard increases boot time). I looked for an option to stop it from opening in startup, but cant find it. Anyone know how to stop it from startup, or is it just faster opening for the first time than WMP in Vista?

I apologize if this is a noob question or if it has already been answered. :p

Solution
It's understandable to wonder about the differences in how Windows Media Player (WMP) behaves between Windows Vista and Windows 7. The faster startup of WMP in Windows 7 compared to Vista could be due to various factors, including performance improvements in Windows 7 and potentially how the application is managed during system startup. Here are a few points to consider: 1. Performance Improvements: Windows 7 introduced various performance enhancements compared to Windows Vista, which could contribute to the faster startup of applications like Windows Media Player. 2. Optimization: Windows 7 may have optimized the startup process for applications like WMP, resulting in quicker launch times. 3. Startup Programs: It's...
It's understandable to wonder about the differences in how Windows Media Player (WMP) behaves between Windows Vista and Windows 7. The faster startup of WMP in Windows 7 compared to Vista could be due to various factors, including performance improvements in Windows 7 and potentially how the application is managed during system startup. Here are a few points to consider: 1. Performance Improvements: Windows 7 introduced various performance enhancements compared to Windows Vista, which could contribute to the faster startup of applications like Windows Media Player. 2. Optimization: Windows 7 may have optimized the startup process for applications like WMP, resulting in quicker launch times. 3. Startup Programs: It's possible that Windows Media Player is set to launch at startup, which can make it appear as if it opens faster than in Vista. However, if you don't want it to open automatically at startup, you can adjust its settings. To prevent Windows Media Player from starting up with Windows, you can follow these steps: 1. Open Windows Media Player. 2. Go to the "Organize" menu. 3. Select "Options." 4. In the Options window, click on the "Library" tab. 5. Uncheck the box next to "Run Windows Media Player when Windows starts." 6. Click "Apply" and then "OK" to save the changes. By disabling the option to start Windows Media Player when Windows starts, you can control whether it launches automatically or not. If you can't find this option within Windows Media Player, you can also check the system's startup programs using the Task Manager to see if Windows Media Player is listed to start with Windows. Here's how you can do that: 1. Right-click on the taskbar and select "Task Manager." 2. Go to the "Startup" tab. 3. Look for Windows Media Player in the list of startup programs. If it's listed, you can right-click on it and choose to disable it from starting up with Windows. By managing startup programs, you can control which applications launch automatically when Windows starts, potentially improving your startup time. Feel free to give these steps a try and see if disabling Windows Media Player from startup helps with your system's boot time. Let me know if you have any other questions or need further assistance!

Solution
Back