Windows 7 WMP12 Crashing when trying to find album info..

HarbingerOfLive

Title say all. Everytime I try to find album info for Two Steps From Hell's "Invincible" album WMP12 just crashes!

Help?

Hi Harbinger,
could you check with the Event viewer and report back?

Hi Harbinger,
could you check with the Event viewer and report back?

Well I am new to Event Viewer. Have actually never used it before. How does it work and what are you looking for in it?

Also if it helps I did a new install, I just finished updating and installing software like Kapersky 2011 Internet Safety and Steam (plus games Like Amnesia the Dark Descent, Tean Fortress 2, etc...)

Since the re-install are you still getting the same problem?

The Event viewer can be found via the control panel (see screenshot) and contains listed events such as errors and so on. Please check the Admin events to see if an error is being reported.

Since the re-install are you still getting the same problem?

The Event viewer can be found via the control panel (see screenshot) and contains listed events such as errors and so on. Please check the Admin events to see if an error is being reported.

Ok in the viewer I found when WMP12 crashed. Here are the details...

Faulting application name: wmplayer.exe, version: 12.0.7600.16667, time stamp: 0x4c7dc5a1
Faulting module name: aticfx32.dll, version: 8.17.10.1059, time stamp: 0x4cef2244
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001ea64
Faulting process id: 0x105c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cba6e8f710a384
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\aticfx32.dll
Report Id: 386249d0-12dc-11e0-ad01-0011678ea2f2

Does this help?

Yes it does thankyou..

The most typical causes for the ‘0xc0000005: error are: corrupt registry, malware, faulty RAM, faulty drivers, incorrectly written, installed or updated software and even Windows security features.

Try running MSE or Microsoft Security Essentials as apposed to Kapersky:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Yes it does thankyou..

The most typical causes for the ‘0xc0000005: error are: corrupt registry, malware, faulty RAM, faulty drivers, incorrectly written, installed or updated software and even Windows security features.

Try running MSE or Microsoft Security Essentials as apposed to Kapersky:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Ok so I uninstalled Kapersky, I installed Essentials, and I did a scan and still it doesn't work. Also I tried to scan for registry errors on CCleaner and although errors popped up it still didn't work....

Try this related link: Link Removed - Invalid URL

After Completing the first diagnostic I got at the end a messege saying

Issues Found:
Configuration Settings might be set incorrectly.

After doing the second I found

Issues Found:

Media Library is corrupted.

This is of course after selecting "apply fixes"

I also used the software FixWin and still the same.

Here is a screenshot

pp.png
pencil.png

As with any database, information that is stored in the database or the database itself can become corrupted. The Windows Media Player library database can usually recover automatically from database corruption. However, the database may become corrupted in such a way that Windows Media Player cannot recover the database.

1. Click Start , click Run , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player , and then click OK .

2. Select all the files in the folder , and then click Delete on the File menu.

Note You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.

3. Restart Windows Media Player.

Note Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

If this does not resolve the problem, clear the Windows Media Player database cache files . To do this, follow these steps:

# If you are running Windows 7/Vista, click Start , click Run , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft , and then click OK.

# Select the Media Player folder , and then click Delete on the File menu.

# Restart Windows Media Player .

Ref: Link Removed - Invalid URL

As with any database, information that is stored in the database or the database itself can become corrupted. The Windows Media Player library database can usually recover automatically from database corruption. However, the database may become corrupted in such a way that Windows Media Player cannot recover the database.

1. Click Start , click Run , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player , and then click OK .

2. Select all the files in the folder , and then click Delete on the File menu.

Note You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.

3. Restart Windows Media Player.

If this does not resolve the problem, clear the Windows Media Player database cache files . To do this, follow these steps:

# If you are running Windows 7/Vista, click Start , click Run , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft , and then click OK.

# Select the Media Player folder , and then click Delete on the File menu.

# Restart Windows Media Player .

Ref: Link Removed - Invalid URL

None worked :/

Sorry for asking but is this a fresh clean install you doing? Oh and is windows fully updated? If this is the case then perhaps your media is the source of the problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom