Windows 7 WooHoo I just bought myself

Athlonite

A Silverstone Raven RV02 case so hopefully i'll be updating this with Pics and running comments on how it all goes it's just the stuff in my sig so it's only a transfer of equipment, but that doesn't mean im not all excited (just like a little kid with a new toy lol):D

lol it was a tough choice between Silverstone's Raven RV02 for $269 or the CoolerMaster HAF922 for $199 the only thing that put me off of the CM HAF922 was all the red LEDs and it's just a little too fat to fit on my desk at 253mm

Well time for an update: the case arrived this morning and OMG:eek: it's huge the box alone for it was twice the size of the one for my last case !!

DSCF0014.JPG

it stands as high as my 3 draw office desk

so whats next you may ask well after this post I'll going offline for a bit so i can start swapping over the old bits into the new case, but don't worry I'll be back with pics and how it all went aswell as case and hardware temps (perfect time to open the new tube of Gelid GC2 thermal paste)

So as promised Pics and some commentary

first up inside the old beast rather crammed in there really wasn't much room but i made do, it's an iCute 0509ULA - 4G - BS case

Old%20Case%20with%20stuff.JPG

next up is all the gear i had in it laid out ready to be transplanted into the new RV02

all%20the%20stuff%20is%20out.JPG

:frown:A little lesson to be learnt was that the HDD cage wont fit in if the MOBO is in place:rolleyes: buggar remove mobo install HDD cage refit mobo :tongue:

Mobo%20is%20in.JPG

drive%20bay%20with%20HDD's.JPG

So once all the hard stuff was done it all got a little easier and was just a matter of attaching the HSF click done

Tuniq%20tower%20is%20in.JPG

next came the Video card and RAM and PSU. I had to re-route the 6pin power cable as it didn't quite reach, it was all of about 25mm (1") to short to fit comfortably into the rear of the Video card

HD5770%20and%20RAM%20are%20now%20inplace.JPG

next was just a little cable tidying and tying of which i didn't take a picture of why i don't know maybe cause it was 2:30am anywho on with the show

so here it is the finished job

TADA%20the%20finished%20product.JPG

and one from the front

Front%20view%20of%20finished%20product.JPG

now to run some benchies and keep an eye on temps but so far so good

Last edited:
idle temps have all gone down around 4~5 degC

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type ITE IT8716F (ISA E80h)
GPU Sensor Type Diode (ATI-Diode)
Motherboard Name Asus M3A / M3A32-MVP Deluxe / M3A-H/HDMI
Chassis Intrusion Detected No

Temperatures
Motherboard 32 °C (90 °F)
CPU Total 36 °C (97 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 19 °C (66 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 19 °C (66 °F)
GPU Diode (DispIO) 40 °C (104 °F)
GPU Diode (MemIO) 42 °C (115 °F)
GPU Diode (Shader) 40 °C (113 °F)
SAMSUNG HD502IJ 27 °C (81 °F)
SAMSUNG HD502IJ 26 °C (79 °F)
SAMSUNG HD502IJ 28 °C (82 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 1364 RPM
Fan #5 1050 RPM
GPU 80%

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.328 V
+3.3 V 3.296 V
+5 V 5.107 V
+12 V 12.160 V
VBAT Battery 3.280 V

which is great considering that even with the 3x 180mm fans all on LOW speed (700rpm) the noise is barley audible compared to my old case which sounded like a vacuum cleaner

I Have one small minor problem with the new case the damned HDD LED doesn't work yay so now i gotta fix that it's a small job but damn annoying, probably cheap *** Chinese LEDs. So now i don't now whether it's meant to blue or red as the power LEDs are blue i might just use a white one i have

That was my first thought after i remembered a review i'd read that said the same thing was wrong with their case but still a no go and now to top it off the Reset switch has decided to go on strike aswell :mad: ...
I'm seriously starting to think maybe I should have gone with the CoolerMaster HAF922 :rolleyes: this is just totally unacceptable for an case that cost more than $250 bleedin el cheapo Chinese parts :mad:
and to send it back it's goin to cost me 5x as much as it cost me get it sent to me

Athlonite, is it worth just going through the connections again to make sure nothing silly has been missed (easy done a la me :))

Well that's Weird i swapped the power and reset switches over on the mobo and now they work like they should've cept the reset is now the power and vice versa :frown: um maybe in china reset actually means on/off switch either way i'll be emailing SilverStone to tell them exactly what i think of the QC in the manufacturing plant

Oh just before i go for the night I also fixed the shot red HDD LED I yoinked it and tested it and it certainly wasn't a working LED, so now it's a nice blue LED the same as the other 2 for the power LEDs anywho it looks much better now :D

Great!
Well at least you got it up and running which not everyone can do so well done man..
grinning-smiley-003.gif

@ Kemical thanks mate but don't ya just hate it when something as simple as hardware transplant from 1 case to another ends up being a mission, this is the first time I've ever had such a difficult time and I've owned probably 15 different case's (mostly el cheapo's >$100) and by far this is the worst for things going wrong. i bought this thinking time for a descent case now I'm quite disappointed

The problem nowadays a high price tag no longer reflects the real quality of a product - made in China to cheap standards and priced "top quality" in your shop. There you go..

Back
Top Bottom