Windows 7 WooHoo I just bought myself

Hey don't dis the crt it did well and not many CRTs did 100Hz @ 1280x768x32bpp

but i spose it really doesn't compare to 22' of sparkly new LCD so here you go then

001.JPG

003.JPG

new pic

and blow me if i can't get it to work with the provided HDMI cable it just doesn't wanna turn on at boot time i just get this "No signal detected from HDMI monitor going into sleep mode":frown: message :confused::mad::(:frown:

no turn on at boot time?

sounds like a bios or cable issue to me. Try the DVI connection and it should work.

Yarp DVI be working ( as seen in pic above ) but that's not why I bought this monitor if I'd just wanted DVI I'd have bought an Viewsonic instead But this alienware monitor comes with 2x hdmi connections neither of which seems to want to work i get the same msg from both I'll shoot out now and grab another cable to try with instead of the one that came with the monitor and see how that goes

well it's definitely not the monitor as it works with a borrowed DVI to HDMI cable :)but still fails with a brand new HDMI to HDMI cable :( returning the card for an RMA is probably going to be a non event as the retailer is some chink over stayer running a dodgy business in Auckland I unfortunately found this out after paying for the graphics card Which now it seems to be at fault ...... frack I'm pissed off :mad:

you could maybe contact HIS in that matter and see what they say?

you probably got an older revision of the card. However, it is not really a drama, me thinks, just use the adapter plug and it's done!

there are more important things in life than that, no? :) heck get over it

yup i put an support request with HIS earlier on.... Drama no but at $700 for the both I'd certainly hope **** should work right when required to and not have to frack round like a blue arse fly chasing a fart in a jar to get **** to work anywho the cards still under warranty so either I'll spend 6 weeks waitin while it's gettin RMA'd or I'll just sell it and buy a new one

"Just a Little sting" hrm for you maybe but that little sting as you put it took me several months of scrimping and saving to be able to afford it

well Got some new tasty silverstone FN180 LED fans for the girl now she's lit up and wonderfull

3%20New%20Fans.JPG

3%20New%20Fans%20abit%20Closer.JPG

3%20new%20on%20without%20flash.JPG

the only thing I'm a bit miffed about is the new fans don't come with the hi 1000rpm / lo 700rpm fan speed control like the ones that came in the case so they're stuck at 700rpm and 100cfm

haha lol well atleast it doesn't look like the inside of the bat cave in a power cut now but rather like robin over did the xmas lights lol

not quite it's a very minimal glow coming out from under the case still looks cool with all the lights off though lol

Back
Top Bottom