Windows 7 WooHoo I just bought myself

Ahhhhh :mad: Fudge Pucket the fan on my HIS HD5770 just went toes up it's jammed tighter than the proverbial nuns **** (you know what) I had to do a quickie ghetto mod with an old PSU fan and a cable change

025.JPG

damn cheapo Chinese fans no way to pull it apart easily I ended up snapping two fins off and breaking the base.... but atleast the gm fan is all good works well actually better than the stock fan :D

A little Update just had to update my PSU because the 12v, 5v, 3.3v rails were drooping something terrible 12v= 11.34v, 5v=4.27v, 3.3v= 3.12v so out with the Hiper TypeR-580 with the really nice aircraft type screw on modular connection cables and in with a spankin new Silverstone Strider Plus ST75F-P full modular 750W 80+ silver cert PSU with not as nice plastic molex modular connector type cables but it's got great specs so should do me for the foreseeable future ie: another HD 5770 for CF and an quad or hex core CPU ( which apparently I can use thanks to the latest BIOS from Asus ) ;)

DSCF2072.JPG

DSCF2093.JPG

and there you have it folks

Last edited:
and just one more little updee date I now own an quad core CPU it's an Phenom II x4 940BE... I picked it up second hand but in perfect working order for just $80nzd I just about spat the dummy when i saw that price as mostly these go for around the $180 mark here so I am so happy it's in and going like a rocket :D

P.S. Pics to follow as soon as batteries are charged for the camera

Well I finally found some UV Blue SATA cables with 90 degree connectors at one end and straight at the other

the cables I have are ok but stick out to far which makes them look untidy

because I only have 4 blue ones and the other two are shitty red ones just thought it would be nicer to have them all the same colour and type just to keep things looking tidy

because I only have 4 blue ones and the other two are shitty red ones just thought it would be nicer to have them all the same colour and type just to keep things looking tidy

Ya, but I don't get it, can you see them through the case then?
Kin'a very important to have the colors right?

Athlonite said:
another HIS HD5770 1GB now in CF with old one

Cool. Same speed as 5870 + 2 Gb vram.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back