Windows 7 worker_thread_returned_at_bad_irql caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Dart88

hi, i`m currently facing a blue screen error caused by the above file.
I searched on google, and found out that its been caused by a driver or a software.
I tried removing the driver but it still returns to haunt me
Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

attached is the screenshot of my dump file

24dkoec.png

thanks in advance!

I think most of the folks would need the actual dump file, can you attach that? Ntosknrl.exe is not the cause of the problem, seeing what drivers might be running and any other info contained in the dump file may be helpful.

If you removed a driver, which one was it?

I think most of the folks would need the actual dump file, can you attach that? Ntosknrl.exe is not the cause of the problem, seeing what drivers might be running and any other info contained in the dump file may be helpful.

If you removed a driver, which one was it?

ok sure, i will attach it
i removed a facial recognition driver, found it was a problematic driver using msinfo32.
So i thought that was the cause of it

Attachments

• 101812-23384-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 200
anyone has any idea, what my problem is?
i really need to get my laptop working as i have assignment submissions coming =(

If the system will boot and run in Safe Mode, it probably is a driver. You can use MSconfig.exe to adjust the boot conditions as to which drivers are loaded during a normal Windows Boot.

For now, do you know the names of the Facial Recognition drivers so I can check your dump file? You are also running an Anti-virus, and once in a while they might be responsible, so check for updates.

I see, the facial recongnition driver's name is fast access facial recognition.

I was hoping you had a file name to check, but you should see it in Msconfig.exe if it is still loading.

Do you have a date around the time when the problem started? You seem to have installed McAfee around May and looks like Windows did a network drivers type update in August.

But the dump file does not specifically name a problem, that I can see. You seem to have USB 3.0 ports, any devices in those...probably not related but what the heck...

sorry for the late reply, i was coped up at school.
Unfortunately, i do not have a file name for the driver.
The first occurrence of the problem was on 6th of october

update: the problem still persists. Anyone has an idea, what`s wrong? It has nothing to do with my anti-virus, i have tried turning it on to see whether it causes the problem. My anti-virus was turned off in the first place

Back
Top Bottom