Windows 7 Would appreciate help with this

hi its been awhile and ive just had some intermittent errors. But recently ive had 6 new BSODs in the span of 2 days. i just did a fresh install of windows 10 not too long ago.

Attachments

• Dumps.zip
    580.7 KB · Views: 283
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffcdcb68202480, 0, fffff80365ab7898, 2}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32kbase.sys ( win32kbase!DirectComposition::CConnection::DiscardPreviousFrames+61 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi Zalthoria!

sorry to see your issues have returned.
The dump files you sent were just like the previous sets you had sent. Bugcheck 50, could not read faulting drivers name and Bugcheck D1 blaming the Killer network driver.
Now bugcheck 50 can be brought on by numerous things including faulty hardware, drivers and Anti-Virus apps to name just a few.
Please uninstall AVG AV suite and use the onboard Defender. (to be honest Defender is much improved and probably better than AVG anyway) Defender is much more stable although you can always go back after the testing has stopped.

You have one or two drivers dated 2009 which really is too old for Windows 10. See if you can update the following or if not please remove until testing is over:

MBfilt64.sys Fri Jul 31 04:40:32 2009: Realtek HiDefinition Audio driver (file labelled as Creative Audio Driver). You may have a Creative app for Sound Blaster Cinema 2 so check in your Programs section. There's an updated Realtek driver here:
Support For Z97 GAMING 5 | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

pwdrvio.sys Tue Jun 16 02:43:45 2009: MiniTool Partition Wizard, please either update or remove:
http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

In regards to the killer network driver which was flagged up by the Bugcheck D1 dump files, please download the latest version, released a few days ago:
Killer Networking - Standard Drivers (no Killer features) 64-bit

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

If the bsod continues then remove all of your RAM apart from one stick.

Use your system as normal. If a bsod occurs make a note of which stick of RAM it is and then pop another stick in the same slot. What your looking for is a stick or sticks which do not bsod.

If do find a stick or sticks which don't bsod then you know that the other sticks are faulty and need replacing.

The reason I'm asking you to test in this way is because you have already tried Memtest86 and the results were nil. Sometimes however memtest86 can be incorrect (although i think it's simply a case that Memtest86 wasn't run for long enough and would give the correct results if given the time to do so).
I have dealt with a number of users where this turned out to be the case so I know it's definitely possible.

Hope all goes well with the testing and please post back for any advice ect.. :)

Been getting more BSODs, even after all fixes youve mentioned.
So did you try the requested RAM removal test as outlined in post #102 and if so what were the results?

Depending on what's in the dump I'll probably ask you to do the same thing

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff802c85f6e34, ffffd8004474f128, ffffd8004474e950}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi,
the above means the system tried access data held in the memory and for whatever reason it couldn't be read. This could mean either the data or the memory is corrupted.
Please uninstall AVG AV suite and use the onboard Defender. (to be honest Defender is much improved and probably better than AVG anyway) Defender is much more stable although you can always go back after the testing has stopped.

pwdrvio.sys Tue Jun 16 02:43:45 2009: MiniTool Partition Wizard, please either update or remove:
http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

XQHDrv.sys : This relates to an app from the Big Nox corporation? Can you post exactly what it is because it looks like an auto driver support app which is bad. Anyhoo please let me know.

Please run a chkdsk
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Please use the methods outlined in post #102 re' RAM.

Lastly, as your aware this could be case of a faulty motherboard or RAM, which, if I remember correctly the vendor just kept loose in a draw? (I could thinking of another user so apologies if I'm incorrect). I also realise that the vendor will not entertain any notions about faulty components which is sad.
We can at least try and nail down where the actual fault is and you never know we may just fix it but you will need to follow the instructions I've outlined.
Good luck with the testing and hope to hear back from you soon.

testing the ram one by one yielded no conclusive results.
Couldve sworn i had removed the partition wizard.
Big nox corporation should be the android emulator i have running.

I'll try to do more testing on the ram but at this point im stumped. because the vendor says they cant recreate the problem and hence cant do anything

testing the ram one by one yielded no conclusive results.
Meaning it didn't bsod on any stick?

Also how long did test each stick?

Big nox corporation should be the android emulator i have running.
Try removing it as a test also don't forget about AVG as this can be a cause of bsod's

Basically any third party app could be involved so it might be worth removing what your currently running in the way of third party apps and see if that makes a difference.

Try running the chkdsk scan
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

You could try running memtest86 for longer or test each individual stick (which is what your supposed to do ideally)

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Ive done scannow and it has said that nothing is wrong.(forgot the actual term they used). just to confirm i should try the ram four times? ram 1 ram 2 in slot 1 then ram 1 ram 2 in slot 2? if it makes sense hahas.

just to confirm i should try the ram four times? ram 1 ram 2 in slot 1 then ram 1 ram 2 in slot 2? if it makes sense hahas.
If you have four sticks then yes, just choose a slot and test all the sticks in that one slot. Usually the slot closest to the cpu is best (normally number 1 or 0)

Been on 1 ram stick in 1st slot for a couple of days. no errors yet. ran memtest x 86 for 10 passes with no errors. will switch ram soon and check back.

Here's something interesting and making me feel foolish for not trying ages ago! Ram 2 in slot 1 has produced 5 errors afyer only 4 passes

Attachments

• 14772636666311795347495.jpg
    14772636666311795347495.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 411
Finished the check after 17 hrs and here is the result. is it definitive that this is the memory stick with the issues? using it normally by itself has not yielded any BSOD's so far.

Attachments

• 20161024_192928.jpg
    20161024_192928.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 441
Finished the check after 17 hrs and here is the result. is it definitive that this is the memory stick with the issues? using it normally by itself has not yielded any BSOD's so far.
You could try using the machine on a single stick for longer and see if a bsod can be reproduced.
You might find it bsod's with one stick and not the other but testing with the stick which produced errors may prove fruitful?

Did you read the info from the link provided?

Back