Windows 7 Would I have to reinstall windows if I upgrade my rig?

dbz123

I'm thinking about upgrading my motherboard, CPU, ram and video card. I have Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit retail installed on one of my WD caviar black HD's and was wondering if everything will function properly with new upgrades? Will everything like drivers and old drivers from the discarded parts be discarded/recognized to function properly. Never done this before and have a feeling there may be conflicts and stuff. I just hate to go reformat and reinstall everything all over again although that sounds like good idea.

Definitely want a faster processer, vid card and 6 gigs of RAM that are all the same. Feel free to recommend me specific parts too! I use my comp mainly for heavy graphic use like photoshop, 3D max, latest video gaming and so on. Slightly on a mid range budget, but don't want anything that overkills or too expensive. Just want a better jump difference from what I have now. Here are my specs:

Thanks!!

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core Processor 2.2GHZ 4MB 95W Socket AM2+
ASUS M3A ATX
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-5400C4 2GB 2X1GB PC2-5400 DDR2-667 CL 4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Memory
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO Matched Pairs 2GB kit w/ LED
Radeon HD 3870 512MB PCI-E

I'm thinking about upgrading my motherboard, CPU, ram and video card. I have Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit retail installed on one of my WD caviar black HD's and was wondering if everything will function properly with new upgrades? Will everything like drivers and old drivers from the discarded parts be discarded/recognized to function properly. Never done this before and have a feeling there may be conflicts and stuff. I just hate to go reformat and reinstall everything all over again although that sounds like good idea.

Definitely want a faster processer, vid card and 6 gigs of RAM that are all the same. Feel free to recommend me specific parts too! I use my comp mainly for heavy graphic use like photoshop, 3D max, latest video gaming and so on. Slightly on a mid range budget, but don't want anything that overkills or too expensive. Just want a better jump difference from what I have now. Here are my specs:

Thanks!!

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core Processor 2.2GHZ 4MB 95W Socket AM2+
ASUS M3A ATX
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-5400C4 2GB 2X1GB PC2-5400 DDR2-667 CL 4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Memory
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO Matched Pairs 2GB kit w/ LED
Radeon HD 3870 512MB PCI-E

Even though Win7 should have the drivers you need, with that many changes you will probably have to reinstall. Assuming your data is safely backed up, why not try -- you might get lucky. You will definitely have to call M$ and reactivate if you are successful in recognizing/installing the necessary drivers. MOBO/CPU changes are triggers for reactivation.

Back