Would Someone Buy My Laptop If...

Arro

My laptop is pretty good for gaming.

However, I want to sell it and will its value increase significantly if I sell it with this software on it?

Adobe Photoshop CS6
" " Illustrator CS6
" " Dreamweaver CS6
" " Fireworks CS6
" " Flash Professional CS5.5
" " Cinema 4D R13

Only if the buyer needs that particular combination of packages and even then I don't think the value would be "significantly" increased. Most buyers will restore a pc back to factory settings if it hasn't already been done. You should bear in mind that leaving the system "as is" means you will also be leaving all sorts of data from your own personal use. I would be inclined to run a full system recovery before selling. The software could be sold separately but you would first need to establish that it could be reinstalled on another pc.

You'll probably get more value of that software yourself --- if you've installed them out of need and use, you would actually be forced to buy new copies for yourself... because because, it's not common to have a license for several computers, unless you've specifically made that bargain = common mainly in business.

Like patcooke notes, software included only raise the value if the software is wanted by buyer. I would hardly give value to anything else but a proper and legal pack of Windows. All other programs I'd hunt for myself.

Best wishes. :)

Last edited:
What make and model laptop are you trying to sell?

It is a toshiba satellite L755. If the buyer wanted PS, AI, and stuff on it, I am pretty sure it would sell for well over 1k.

Just doing a simple google search for that make and model, I see there are a few in that series that range in price from $350 to $650 new. So depending on what model of the L755 you have it would make a difference in the price you want to set to sell it. Now, keep in mind the age of laptop, how long you've had it, the ware and tare - use of it, you have to factor in the depreciation value of it, because what you paid for it then and what a customer can get with a brand new one is like night and day with hardware. Meaning, you buy a laptop today and 3 to 6 months the hardware will be outdated.

As for the software, if you don't want to keep it, I would sell the software separate rather as a bundle deal with the laptop. Just a matter of a selling point for the laptop. Personally I would keep the software because that's some high dollar software you've got there.

Question: Why are you wanting to sell the laptop and all that expensive software?

As a general rule you should expect to get more selling all separately rather then all together - for two reasons:

1. People expect a price reduction when buying a "job lot" and

2. There will be some items in the package which the buyer doesn't want so they will exclude them from the price they offer.

Just doing a simple google search for that make and model, I see there are a few in that series that range in price from $350 to $650 new. So depending on what model of the L755 you have it would make a difference in the price you want to set to sell it. Now, keep in mind the age of laptop, how long you've had it, the ware and tare - use of it, you have to factor in the depreciation value of it, because what you paid for it then and what a customer can get with a brand new one is like night and day with hardware. Meaning, you buy a laptop today and 3 to 6 months the hardware will be outdated.

As for the software, if you don't want to keep it, I would sell the software separate rather as a bundle deal with the laptop. Just a matter of a selling point for the laptop. Personally I would keep the software because that's some high dollar software you've got there.

Question: Why are you wanting to sell the laptop and all that expensive software?

I have had it for just over a year, and i plan to sell it by june because I am getting a new one for when I go to college. It is in great condition and i recently put more RAM in it, giving it 8GB. It has no dents or cracks, or anything like that. It runs all my programs smoothly and is a decent gaming machine.

I want to sell it in order to get a carry around laptop, and a badass desktop computer.

Back
Top Bottom