writing a .net 3.5 program running on Windows 10

rompage

Hi guys,

I have a question about getting .net 3.5 applications run on Windows 10.
According to the article here .net 3.5 in by-default disabled in windows 10.
I have some .net 3.5 code that runs perfect on Windows 7, and I do not like to set the .net framework of those code to .net 4.5 or higher, nor do I want to enable .net 3.5 on windows 10.
Is there a way that might work under such a scenario?
Here's what I have tried:
I have tested a wmi provider that's targeting .net 3.5 and it could run on Windows 10 system that does not enable .net 3.5, however, when I tried to run an .net 3.5 application on that same system, a message box pop up asking me to enable .net 3.5, if I choose skip, the application just quit without even trying to run(alright that's my guess on what's underneath)
So my guess is that .net 3.5 assemblies(dll) can be loaded by on clr v4? but .net 3.5 applications(exe) can't be loaded? Am I right?

If your application is running code specific to .net 3.5 you will need .net 3.5 enabled. If you're running code that isn't .net framework specific (the same in other frameworks) it should be able to run.

If your application is running code specific to .net 3.5 you will need .net 3.5 enabled. If you're running code that isn't .net framework specific (the same in other frameworks) it should be able to run.
Thank you Neemobeer. But can you share me how to know what classes are .net framework 3specific

Back
Top Bottom