X-Fi Extreme Audio

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Hardware' started by Styphon, Jan 10, 2009.

1. HP Deskjet

HP Deskjet Senior Member

I have exactly the same with my installation of the 64-bit Creative X-fi Extreme Audio drivers & Creative Console Launcher. No real control over settings, it's all exceptionally basic. No graphic equaliser, Crystalilizer, EAX, 3D, etc. All are missing. Is this normal for the 64-bit drivers?

By the looks of things, and as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, Creative have obviously leaned nothing from the utter mess they experienced when Vista came out. It looks like it'll be same Creative disaster when Windows 7 is released later this year.

2. CURaven

CURaven New Member

Excellent post! That was what finally worked for me.

PEACE!

3. prazvt

prazvt New Member

Glad it helped. Hopefully that's all that is preventing some of you guys from getting your drivers to work in Windows 7. Presumably the whole line of X-Fi cards should install assuming they use similar drivers...not sure what the cheaper cards lack (aside from the x-ram).

#23 prazvt, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  4. donsno

donsno New Member

To my knowledge the Xtreme Audio card differs from the other X-FI cards. Thus far, I've not found any "workaround" for getting sound.

Don

5. Survivor61

Survivor61 New Member

Anyone get this to work with a X-Fi ExtremeGamer? Audio works fine but when I run any of the applications I get the "the audio device with this application is not supported" error :(