loathe

Microsoft is warning customers downloading the Release Candidate of its long-awaited Windows 7 operating system that its first bug has been detected, potentially causing application failures.
Microsoft said the problem affects the 32-bit (x86) English-language version of Windows 7 build 7100, which incorrectly sets access control lists (ACLs) on the root.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

The x64 version of Windows 7, however, seems to be unaffected.

Solution
I was offered that particular update from Windows Update.

it's only a small patch file 38KB in size.

Check Windows Update and see if it's available for you also.
Microsoft is warning customers downloading the Release Candidate of its long-awaited Windows 7 operating system that its first bug has been detected, potentially causing application failures.
Microsoft said the problem affects the 32-bit (x86) English-language version of Windows 7 build 7100, which incorrectly sets access control lists (ACLs) on the root.

More..

The x64 version of Windows 7, however, seems to be unaffected.

I wouldn't get too worried about it.. ;) It'll be fixed pretty quick.. ;) I'm using both flavors of Windows 7 and this bug hasn't made a noticeable impact on my system at all yet so I really don't think there's much need for worry.. :) It's good that it was found this early on in the RC though.. :)

Solution
Yeh its not a big problem and doesnt concern me. I havent installed 1 32bit build of 7.
Like you said Im sure it will be fixed soon.

Yeah, I did see it in Windows Updates.. ;) But since I don't actually use the 32-bit version that much I haven't bothered installing it yet.. :)

Yea, it was supposedly a patch to fix the problems with file permissions, which I was having no problems with.

But the permission problem come up in the forums from time to time.;)

Back