Windows 7 x86 users beware!

loathe

Microsoft is warning customers downloading the Release Candidate of its long-awaited Windows 7 operating system that its first bug has been detected, potentially causing application failures.
Microsoft said the problem affects the 32-bit (x86) English-language version of Windows 7 build 7100, which incorrectly sets access control lists (ACLs) on the root.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

The x64 version of Windows 7, however, seems to be unaffected.

Microsoft is warning customers downloading the Release Candidate of its long-awaited Windows 7 operating system that its first bug has been detected, potentially causing application failures.
Microsoft said the problem affects the 32-bit (x86) English-language version of Windows 7 build 7100, which incorrectly sets access control lists (ACLs) on the root.

More..

The x64 version of Windows 7, however, seems to be unaffected.

I wouldn't get too worried about it.. ;) It'll be fixed pretty quick.. ;) I'm using both flavors of Windows 7 and this bug hasn't made a noticeable impact on my system at all yet so I really don't think there's much need for worry.. :) It's good that it was found this early on in the RC though.. :)

I was offered that particular update from Windows Update.

it's only a small patch file 38KB in size.

Check Windows Update and see if it's available for you also.

Yeh its not a big problem and doesnt concern me. I havent installed 1 32bit build of 7.
Like you said Im sure it will be fixed soon.

I was offered that particular update from Windows Update.

it's only a small patch file 38KB in size.

Check Windows Update and see if it's available for you also.

Yeah, I did see it in Windows Updates.. ;) But since I don't actually use the 32-bit version that much I haven't bothered installing it yet.. :)

Yea, it was supposedly a patch to fix the problems with file permissions, which I was having no problems with.

But the permission problem come up in the forums from time to time.;)

Back