XP to 7 issues with downloaded version of 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by timaishu, Oct 10, 2009.

1. timaishu

timaishu New Member

Okay. Im not going to jump for joy just yet.

But before I reformatted my computer. I put my Windows 7 download and XP Professional download on a thumb drive so I could try my luck again after a clean XP Home install.

Well I just put the files on my desktop. And guess what, they now have the .iso extension after the file name. And when I right click and go to properties. Next to type of file, it lists it as an ISO file.

Not sure why it changed. But Im hoping this will somehow make a difference. Im burning a copy right now. Ill let you guys know what happens.

2. timaishu

timaishu New Member

Ohhh my god...

I just successfully burned a copy of XP PRO that was bootable from startup. I used imageburn and the provided download from MSDN. :D:D:D

Im now going to try burning Windows 7. Really though. I am doing not one thing different from before. Im thinking that the various programs on my computer messed up the file somehow with how it was handled. Before it appeared as a .zip file that I could unzip and open. Now it is purely an .iso file. :confused:

Im not complaining or anything. But I would like to know why.

I just hope this windows 7 burn goes well. It is not listed as an ISO like professional was on MSDN, however, it appears an ISO on my desktop.

We will see.

3. RAK

RAK Extraordinary Member

"But I would like to know why."

I do not think there is an explanation for a .zip file becoming a .iso file by itself, not on this planet. lol.

4. timaishu

timaishu New Member

Well, its 2:50AM right now and I was able to successfully set up windows 7!!!! :D

My burned image work. I then ran into the issue of it freezing on the Windows Startup screen. Figured that out after a little research that disabling one of my LAN ports may help. And it did. I just swapped ports on my computer and now I have internet and windows 7. Yay me. :)