Windows 7 Xp to Win7 problems after install

Tactiks

New question for you's guys. I have xp pro running on a p4 3.0 with 2gb of ram and an Nvidia gs 7100. I hate the trouble of networking xp and 7 together (I have x64 on my theater rig) so I wanted to install x86 on the p4. It installs just fine, real fast actually, but when every things running it will freeze up on me. I have done the updates and every thing worked flawlessly when xp was on it.

It happens randomly and and its driving me mad. I let it sit tonight to see if it would come around. It did but was real choppy and then froze up again.

I have tried three different disks and have the same issues.

Please help. Thanks

New question for you's guys. I have xp pro running on a p4 3.0 with 2gb of ram and an Nvidia gs 7100. I hate the trouble of networking xp and 7 together (I have x64 on my theater rig) so I wanted to install x86 on the p4. It installs just fine, real fast actually, but when every things running it will freeze up on me. I have done the updates and every thing worked flawlessly when xp was on it.

It happens randomly and and its driving me mad. I let it sit tonight to see if it would come around. It did but was real choppy and then froze up again.

I have tried three different disks and have the same issues.

Please help. Thanks
You aren't by chance using Microsoft Security Essentials? There are documented reports of it interacting with some firewalls (ZoneAlarm for one) and causing freezing. I have seen that problem on several computers recently. AVG works fine with almost all firewalls.

no. Its just a clean instal with no antivirus. I dont even have firefox on there.

It first happened when i ran IE so i removed that but it is still happening. Not sure if it could be a driver issue cause it runs fine in xp.

Thanks

no. Its just a clean instal with no antivirus. I dont even have firefox on there.

It first happened when i ran IE so i removed that but it is still happening. Not sure if it could be a driver issue cause it runs fine in xp.

Thanks
I suspect a corrupt system file or two. From an elevated command prompt, type "sfc /scannow" w/o the quotes. You may have to insert your install disk.

Well i tried it and it gives me an error saying i must run the command from administrator. I am log in as admin and there is no other accounts on the pc. I did the same command from my 64bit in my theater room and it worked without a problem.:(

You need to right click on command prompt and select run as administrator. Then put in sfc /scannow
Joe

you said it crashed after you ran IE. Does it always crash aftery you ran IE. I had bit of problems using the IE 32 bt in my 64 bit windows. I settled for Chrome because firefox had issuses as well. 64 bit IE was no use since no flash on it :(

Back
Top Bottom