Windows 7 XPS document writer / fax how to disable

mikezilla2

so i was wondering , in the past iv had problems with my pc defaulting to the above and as soon as i removed the fax/xps the problem went away thing is simply " remove device" they end up reterning when i reboot so yea just wonderig how to put them to sleep good and proper also my IP is for ever changing and im guessing thats probly casung my printer to leve things printing for ever in quee and yea what a pain , the printer i have is one of those HP Ci500 all in one or somthing will get the exzact model soon , im running a new install of windows 7 UT 64bit and havent botherd with the printer yet throught i would ask here first - cheers

You can turn the XPS Viewer on/off through Add/Remove Programs, "Turn Windows Features On And Off", also removing the scan/fax support there should remove the Fax as well. Then when your printer goes to install it will install its own scan/fax (if needed) software.

cheers , in regards to fax what am i looking for ? also my machine is 100% update also how can i tell that netframe work 4.0 installed the correct way ? i mean i see it listed under add remove but the options to turn off services read as 3.5 somthing

Don't worry that you see .NET Framework 3.5 even though you have 4.0 installed in Windows Components, its not a big deal and each framework actually works independently. So apps that require 3.5 use 3.5 and apps that require 4.0 use 4.0, etc. Perfectly normal I would not touch it. Fax might be under Print and Document Services, Windows Fax and Scan.

Back