Windows 7 Yahoo Mail as default Mail

kidvicious

I use yahoo e-mail and have had the same address for almost 20 years, I have a business and all my contacts are through that address. I want to make yahoo e-mail my default e-mail as I do alot of work on the net. When i click an e-mail address the pc sais I have no default mail something or other. How can I make yahoo mail my default e-mail provider???

I use yahoo e-mail and have had the same address for almost 20 years, I have a business and all my contacts are through that address. I want to make yahoo e-mail my default e-mail as I do alot of work on the net. When i click an e-mail address the pc sais I have no default mail something or other. How can I make yahoo mail my default e-mail provider???

If you look in the start menu and click on 'Default Progams' (see screenshot) you can then click on 'Set your default programs'. You'll then see a list of the left hand side and Yahoo mail should be there just click on it and set it as default.

Last edited:
I also have the identical issue as kidvicious. I use Yahoo! as IE default home page, Yahoo! Mail, and Yahoo! IM is installed, but Yahoo is not listed as an option on the "Default Programs" list. Is there any way to add it?

Thanks so much for the link, kemical. The procedure has changed slightly in the last two or three years as it used to be installed as an add on available with the installation of Yahoo! Messenger. (This was back when Yahoo! was MUCH more reliable and user friendly that the "New Yahoo!" is.)

As a side note to anyone who loathes desktop robbing toolbars as badly as I; one can install the toolbar, select Yahoo! as default mail client, then uninstall the toolbar. This will leave Yahoo! as default mail client without the junky looking toolbar robbing desktop space.

Back