Windows 10 Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 2601:1c0:5702:9370::1 on the Net Card in Win10

borate

Since installing a new modem/router (gateway for Comcast) two DHCPv6 errors, rarely seen earlier, have been appearing with some regularity...

"Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 2601:1c0:5702:9370::1 on the Network Card with network address 0xF46D043BC2BE."

"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0xF46D043BC2BE. The following error occurred: 0x5B4. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

To banish them, the following has been tried.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

Various forums have been reviewed, with no definitive solution. SFC shows no errors. Windows 10 Pro, build 1511.

Both Comcast and Arris (gateway manufacturer) disclaim responsibility for the messages. Clues?

You have installed a new modem/router.

For my information:
Of course, during the switch, all computers, printers and what else is connected to your network were powered down?
The old and new router are using the same internal network?
And the DHCP addresses of the old and new router are the same, or are you using TCPIP V6 addresses only?

It looks like an old internal network address now suddenly is not any longer on the new internal network, like DHCPserver, nameserver or default gateway. But I don't know much of TCPIP V6 addresses. We will see.

Printer was still powered up, but connected to a powered-down PC. Simple in-home Net connection.
New modem/router (gateway) on same Comcast network and, one might assume, using the same addresses...

If not, there were no prompts during install. The process was essentially auto configured, from my perspective, and was tweaked by Comcast until they stated that all was well.

Works fine, but for these apparently benign errors.

Printer was still powered up, but connected to a powered-down PC. Simple in-home Net connection.
New modem/router (gateway) on same Comcast network and, one might assume, using the same addresses...

If not, there were no prompts during install. The process was essentially auto configured, from my perspective, and was tweaked by Comcast until they stated that all was well.

Works fine, but for these apparently benign errors.
It still looks like something of the old network survived the transition but is unusable in the new network.

The only thing I can think of is power down everything, including smartphones, tablets and specially modem and router, followed by a power up in a controlled manner: first and nothing else should be switched on the modem, followed by the router (if that are 2 separate boxes) than one by one the other boxes. That should clear routing tables.

You did not fill in any configuration parameters in that PC like IP-address, nameserver, default gateway, all settings are to obtain them automaticly?

Continued observation has confirmed that the message is generated when DHCPv6 lease time (default one-hour) expires. Apparently the prior modem had a longer expiration, so the error rarely appeared. Expiration time setting in the new unit has been increased.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom