Windows 10 Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. I

Lighthouse

I use Outlook 2016 for my email. I am attempting to open a link in an email from a friend (trusted source) but for some reason I received the following message:

your organization's.png

This has to be the result of an update that happened yesterday because I have never received this message before. I followed both procedures in this video but I am still getting the message.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Do yourself a favor and double check with your friend. They may have been hacked. :) We get somewhat similar alerts from Norton 360.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input but I don't believe it's my friend's email. I get this message with every link in any email I receive now. For example I have been taking online surveys with e-rewards for years with no problem, and when I clicked the link to load a new survey I get this:

erewards.png

And I tried to register for a webinar and got it again. So it is something that was triggered with the most recent Windows 10 update.

There have definitely been several problems with the last Windows 10 update, particularly with the built-in Drive Optimizer. Although there haven't been any reports of Outlook errors deriving from this update, it's certainly possible that it's causing your issues as well.

What edition on Windows are you on? Home, Pro, etc?

Messages like this are generally related to group policy settings applied to a device either locally or via a company network.

I'm using Window 10 Pro version 1909 on a standalone PC at home. It is not on a company network.

Back
Top Bottom