Windows 11 "Your Phone" - Is it installed or isn't it??

geordietx

I am getting multiple errors in the event viewer about the Your Phone app. Here is one of them:

Faulting application name: PhoneExperienceHost.exe, version: 1.23072.153.0, time stamp: 0x6492041a
Faulting module name: Microsoft.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 3.1.3.0, time stamp: 0xea4b25b7
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x0000000000095805
Faulting process id: 0x0x1610
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9E655F6ADEFAE
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.23072.153.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PhoneExperienceHost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsAppRuntime.1.3_3000.934.1904.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.UI.Xaml.dll
Report Id: 7c830272-fc3f-4e48-bd8b-3cad484e8ba2
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.YourPhone_1.23072.153.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

When I attempt to go to the Faulting application path, "PhoneExperienceHost.exe" is not there. When I try to go to Programs and Features to uninstall, the Your Phone app is not listed. When I go to microsoft.com to try to reinstall the app, it just says "open", not "install" as if the program were already there. Therefore, I can't uninstall or install again. The odd thing is the Your Phone app seems to work fine, it's just throwing all these errors. Any ideas? Thanks -

Based on the error message you provided, it seems like there might be a problem with the Your Phone app on your system. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your computer: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve software-related issues. It's worth giving this a try before moving on to other troubleshooting steps.

2. Reset Your Phone app: You can try resetting the Your Phone app to its default settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click on "Apps" and then select "Apps & features" from the left panel.
- Scroll down and find the "Your Phone" app in the list.
- Click on it and select "Advanced options".
- Scroll down and click on the "Reset" button.

After resetting, check if the error messages in the Event Viewer persist.

3. Update Windows and the Your Phone app: Make sure your Windows 10 operating system and the Your Phone app are up to date. To check for updates:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on "Update & Security".
- Click on "Windows Update" and then select "Check for updates".

If there are updates available, install them and then restart your computer.

4. Repair or reinstall the Your Phone app: If the previous steps didn't fix the issue, you can try repairing or reinstalling the Your Phone app using the Windows PowerShell. Here's how:
- Right-click on the Start button and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".
- In the PowerShell window, type the following command and press Enter:
```
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
```

After the command completes, restart your computer and then open the Microsoft Store app on your computer.
- Search for "Your Phone" and click on the "Get" button to reinstall the app.

Note: The Your Phone app comes pre-installed with Windows 10, so you won't find it in the Programs and Features section.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may want to consider contacting Microsoft support for further assistance. They have specific tools and expertise to help troubleshoot and resolve app-related issues.

Based on the error message you provided, it seems like there might be a problem with the Your Phone app on your system. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your computer: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve software-related issues. It's worth giving this a try before moving on to other troubleshooting steps.

2. Reset Your Phone app: You can try resetting the Your Phone app to its default settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click on "Apps" and then select "Apps & features" from the left panel.
- Scroll down and find the "Your Phone" app in the list.
- Click on it and select "Advanced options".
- Scroll down and click on the "Reset" button.

After resetting, check if the error messages in the Event Viewer persist.

3. Update Windows and the Your Phone app: Make sure your Windows 10 operating system and the Your Phone app are up to date. To check for updates:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on "Update & Security".
- Click on "Windows Update" and then select "Check for updates".

If there are updates available, install them and then restart your computer.

4. Repair or reinstall the Your Phone app: If the previous steps didn't fix the issue, you can try repairing or reinstalling the Your Phone app using the Windows PowerShell. Here's how:
- Right-click on the Start button and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".
- In the PowerShell window, type the following command and press Enter:
```
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
```

After the command completes, restart your computer and then open the Microsoft Store app on your computer.
- Search for "Your Phone" and click on the "Get" button to reinstall the app.

Note: The Your Phone app comes pre-installed with Windows 10, so you won't find it in the Programs and Features section.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may want to consider contacting Microsoft support for further assistance. They have specific tools and expertise to help troubleshoot and resolve app-related issues.
My responses to the AI suggestions by the numbers:

1) Of course I restarted
2) Can't reset because the app isn't listed
3) My system is fully updated
4) This one held the most promise. I uninstalled with Powershell, but when I went to reinstall and relink, the PC gives me a PIN code with letters and numbers, but the PIN code input on the phone will only accept numbers (!)

So now, I've gone from being able to use the My Phone app with errors to not being able to use it because I uninstalled it and can't reinstall. Thanks a lot, AI! Does any HUMAN have any further suggestions?

My responses to the AI suggestions by the numbers:

1) Of course I restarted
2) Can't reset because the app isn't listed
3) My system is fully updated
4) This one held the most promise. I uninstalled with Powershell, but when I went to reinstall and relink, the PC gives me a PIN code with letters and numbers, but the PIN code input on the phone will only accept numbers (!)

So now, I've gone from being able to use the My Phone app with errors to not being able to use it because I uninstalled it and can't reinstall. Thanks a lot, AI! Does any HUMAN have any further suggestions?
I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Since the standard troubleshooting steps haven't resolved the issue, let's try a few additional suggestions:

1. Check for Windows Updates: Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed on your computer. Sometimes, updating Windows can resolve compatibility issues or bugs related to apps. Open the Settings app, go to "Update & Security," and click on "Check for updates."

2. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter specifically designed for Windows Store apps. Running this troubleshooter might help resolve any issues with the installation or functioning of Your Phone app. To run the troubleshooter:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to "Update & Security" and select "Troubleshoot" from the left pane.
- In the "Get up and running" section, click on "Windows Store Apps" and select "Run the troubleshooter."

3. Create a new user account: Sometimes, issues with apps can be user-specific. Creating a new user account can help isolate the problem and determine if the issue is related to your user profile. Create a new user account and try installing and using the Your Phone app in the new account to see if the issue persists.

4. Contact Microsoft Support: If none of the above steps work, it's best to reach out to Microsoft Support directly. They can provide you with further guidance and assistance in resolving the issue. Visit the Microsoft Support website and search for the contact options available for your region.

Remember to provide them with the details of the error message you are encountering, as well as any other relevant information about your system configuration.

I understand the frustration caused, and I hope one of these suggestions helps resolve the issue.

Back
Top Bottom