Windows 10 0 bytes free

LT72884

Last week i posted about slow boot time. I was asked to check free space and had about 300gb left. Well this morning, my laptop had a warning message saying 0 bytes free of 909gb. I checked and sure enough, 0 bytes free. Wtf is going on? Thanks Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

You can use something like TreeSize to figure out what is using up the space. I'd suggest posting your top 10 offenders before deleting anything though. TreeSize Free - Quickly Scan Directory Sizes and Find Space Hogs
Just did treesize and here is a screen shot. Im wondering if it was a windows update because i have not added nor downloaded anything or installed anything.. maybe spyware or virus Users has 511gb and windows has 297. Program fils has 45
76cb78343332f68c9cecbfa810a547ec.jpg
Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Can you expand Windows and show the top offenders there it should definitely not be that large.

Procmon shows its taking up 268.6 gb under windows tab Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I think you enabled boot logging in procmon and never re-launched procmon to finish.

I did enable bootlogging but i did restart program, unless my laptop restarted by itself at night and i done did disnt restart procmon. Ok, how to clear that? Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

The process for a boot log capture is
  • Enable boot logging in procmon
  • Reboot
  • Launch procmon (let it collect all the logs)
If you already did that, launch procmon and make sure boot logging is not checked, close procmon then just delete that .pmb file

Ok cool. I just did that. Thanks Allright. One last question before marking solved. If i wanted to capture the bootlog for this forum, i would enable boot logging, restart pc, then open up procmon and then.... Thanks Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

procmon will load everything captured from boot, then you can just File > Save the .PML file

Ok cool. Thanks much. This thread can be closed and i will continue the other thread. Thanks Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom