Windows 7 0xC004008 well... damn. what now?

a10112

I just built a new system. It had been working for a few days now... but then 'The product key you typed cannot be used to activate Windows on this computer.". But I bought this... a retail copy, even. I had this problem with my first gaming rig a couple years ago where I actually had to call MS support and talk to them. problem: I'm down to around 10min call time on my phone so I can't phone in. What can I do (aside from using a crack or someone's key)? No, this isn't an upgrade disc. It's full Windows Ultimate.

I retyped it in to make sure.

I typed my product identification number in the site and I got:
"The product ID number you entered has expired. Please enter another product ID number or select a different support option below."

Last edited:
If you are moving the install to a new computer, you will need to do a phone activation. It should give you the process for gathering some numbers from the new system and then, after you tell it you only have one install, it will give you some numbers to activate.

Use a landline..it is a 800 number, I believe..

If you are moving the install to a new computer, you will need to do a phone activation. It should give you the process for gathering some numbers from the new system and then, after you tell it you only have one install, it will give you some numbers to activate.

Use a landline..it is a 800 number, I believe..

"landline" LOL

Back
Top Bottom