Windows 10 2009 disc won't run on Windows 10?

BeckTor

I've searched everywhere and did find a couple of answers, but none of the fixes helped. I'm still having trouble getting a 2009 disc to start, it just spins and stops over and over, but never actually starts up. I have it set to Auto-Play, but it didn't help. Before I bought this software, I had asked the person if it would run on Win10 and they said other people didn't have trouble running it, but I just can't get it to open. What else can I do? Or will no media from 2009 every run? I have an HP Paviallion All-in-One PC that is about 4 years old which came with Win7 I believe (or 8.1) which naturally upgraded to Win10. Thank you for any help with this.

Instant Immersion Language from 2009, I'm not sure what you mean by version? It came with 6 discs, 3 levels. Oddly, the Level 1 disc wouldn't open or run, but the Level 3 did and it asked me to install QuickTime, which I did and it ran. After that, I tried the other discs that wouldn't run, hoping QuickTime would help, but they still won't open.

Officially there is no support for Windows 10 for that software. You can look on the disc for the setup.exe process and try right clicking on it and select properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 7 since that was the last officially supported Windows version. Click Apply > Ok and try running the setup again.

If that doesn't work it's unlikely that you will be able to get that version of the software working and will likely need to purchase a newer version.

I tried that, that didn't work either. I've written to support for the software, but I doubt they'll be able to help. What is so weird is why do some of the discs open and others don't? Makes no sense to me if they're all basically the same, just different levels on each. Thank you so much for the reply.

Back