Windows 10 3 BSOD's after clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 1607

brkkab

Excellent Member
I did a clean install of Windows 10 earlier and I'vee had 3 bsod's. After the 1st or 2nd one I reinstalled Raxco Perfect Updater and the first time I ran it, it found a few. I ran it again after the 3rd bsod and it said my drivers were up to date.
I turned off Samsung Magicians Rapid Mode and got the 3rd bsod after my pc restarted.
I then uninstalled Samsung Magician with YourUninstaller and used SearchEverything to remove all Samsung Magician and RapidMode stuff on my C; drive. I then deleted everything in my registry saying Samsung.
I don't generally mess with the Classes section, so I ran CCleaner free's registry cleaner and let it delete any errors it found.
I restarted my pc and ran Raxco PerfectUpdater 2.0 again and it said my drivers were all updated.

Attachments

• RaxcoPU2.PNG
    RaxcoPU2.PNG
    70.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 091016-7375-01.zip
    36.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 091016-7750-01.zip
    61.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 091016-7750-01.zip
    61.1 KB · Views: 213
  • msinfo32.zip
    87.1 KB · Views: 239
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {29ddc, ff, 0, fffff80244825baa}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PpmIdlePrepare+41a )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi Keith,
Bugcheck A is usually caused by drivers. I had a look through yours and one or two jump out as possible culprits:

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 02:17:35 2012: Asus Charger Driver known to cause BSODs.
MAXIMUS VIII HERO - Support
AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 03:47:59 2010: ASUS hardware monitoring software related, too old for W10 really and needs updating or removed.

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 16:46:33 2011: ASUS USB Hub filter driver please update.
MAXIMUS VIII HERO - Support
LHidFilt.Sys Fri Feb 29 10:08:27 2008: Logitech SetPoint HID Filter Driver

LMouFilt.Sys Fri Feb 29 10:08:31 2008: Logitech SetPoint HID Filter Driver. Mouse drivers? Please update
Logitech Support + Downloads

Regarding the use of Raxco PerfectUpdater 2.0. I'm surprised you used something like this as these apps are fallible and can install the wrong driver. Your far better off sourcing and installing the drivers yourself. The motherboard driver support page is usually all you need but please stop using the auto updaters.
If the bsod continues then first make sure you have a recovery disk or zip drive and then run the driver verifier. The driver verifier can induce a bsod boot loop which is why you need to have a recovery key in order to boot from, enter safe mode and turn the verifier off.
This link shows you how to set up the verifier:
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Actually, I thought I had my Microsoft mouse hooked up. I didn't, so I do now, so I'll delete that one with Autoruns. Those are the Asus drivers I already have.
The only newer thing on their site is the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and that's the one I installed.
As fara as a image I only have one from last weekend of my old 10 install.

So far no more bsod's. I got my Origin Games. Now working on Steam's.
I'm eventually gonna get some new batteries ans see if my Microsoft Wireless Desktop 1000 works with this motherboard. My Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 didn't like it on the old pc and I couldn't get into the uefi with it.
I don't use the keyboard or mouse for gaming, soo the batteries not lasting shouldn't be a issue.

Back
Top Bottom