6Gb Ram - 3.25Gb Usable

Basher

Honorable Member
Hi,

Have you tried taking one out and going down to 4meg to see what it reports?

Basher

Thanks for everyones help!!!!!!
I appreicaite it so much for the replys.

I have finally fixed the problem :p

One of the new ram i had was damage somehow and bios could not read the ram which didn't show up.
Removing this solved the problem of the unusable memory :)

Now i have 4GB installed and 4GB usable :D

>;) got to contact scan for a replacement now.

How many memory slots, you may have to run 8 gigs instead of six, your board may require if you have 4 memory slots to have them all filled or just two of them filled as you have now. You may not be able to just use 3 slots. Is the memory the same type? mixing and matching memory does not work.

Cool, glad it's resolved! Certainly, as was mentioned a while back, did seem to point @ bad RAM somewhere.

Cheers,
Drew

How many memory slots, you may have to run 8 gigs instead of six, your board may require if you have 4 memory slots to have them all filled or just two of them filled as you have now. You may not be able to just use 3 slots. Is the memory the same type? mixing and matching memory does not work.
Yeah it has 4 Ram Slot
2 slot already filled with 2GB * 2

I have extra 2gb * 2

But both are faulty as one is damage so bios can't find it the other jsut some mem probs when i ran memtest
Thanks again Everyone! :)

hello,
My motherboard is asus m5a78l-mlx
I hav two memory slots,since i checked my both ram slots as well as rams by interchanging and using individuals rams.
I hav 2 gb and 4gb ram both r ok.
den also wen i tried to install both the rams its show 6gb 3.25 usable and in xp it show 3.25.

plzz any help

Last edited:
hello,
My motherboard is asus m5a78l-mlx
I hav two memory slots,since i checked my both ram slots as well as rams by interchanging and using individuals rams.
I hav 2 gb and 4gb ram both r ok.
den also wen i tried to install both the rams its show 6gb 3.25 usable and in xp it show 3.25.

plzz any help

Hi Rakesh,

I'm not sure what your query is or what help it is you seek. If, it is the fact that you have 6GB RAM in your machine & yet, it is seeing 3.25 as useable... this is right & normal. It simply means you have a 32-bit machine & or OS. x86 stops @ 3.25, no matter how much RAM is actually in the machine. x64 will see & use more.

Cheers,
Drew

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.