Windows 7 7137 vs 7201 benchmark results

banny7000

7137v7201.jpg

benchmarks done on-core 2 duo 1.8ghz,4gb ram,integrated graphics,5.400rpm hard drive,.......DELL VOSTRO LAPTOP

Is there enough of a difference in those figures to be noticeable in the real world?

to be honest i,ve had both builds and i cant tell the difference,there is a slight performance increase in 7201 from 7137,but if microsoft can do that in every build they are going in the right direction.

Your benchmarking two interim builds.. those numbers are pointless and meaningless in my opinion.. ;) Though still pointless, benchmarking the RC (7100) vs the finished RTM (7xxx) would be a much better comparison, if your going to benchmark unfinished products, in my opinion.. ;)

the reason i benchmarked those particular builds was for my own curiosity because in build 7137 my gaming graphics score was 4.9 as in previous builds and in 7201 my score dropped right down to 3.1,i wanted to know what was going on,i dont understand it i,m using the same drivers..do microsoft get the scores from a chart or something or does the index score test pc performance?

I wouldn't put too much confidence into the Windows Experience Index system just yet.. The same thing happened with many of the BETA builds... ;) The scores you get now I wouldn't pay too much attention to because until the Final version is out they will most likely change with each build that comes out due to the WEI system not being fully complete.. ;)

the reason i benchmarked those particular builds was for my own curiosity because in build 7137 my gaming graphics score was 4.9 as in previous builds and in 7201 my score dropped right down to 3.1,i wanted to know what was going on,i dont understand it i,m using the same drivers..do microsoft get the scores from a chart or something or does the index score test pc performance?
If it's any help, I did a clean install on my old test box (Athlon 1GHz, 1Gb ram - I know, really outdated) and I found it handled the 7100RC much better than the 7201. And in the case of 7201 I didn't have any apps loaded except for AVG and PCTools firewall. The 7100RC had these and much more loaded as I've been using it since it came out. But I noticed the sluggish performance of 7201 right away.

Back
Top Bottom