Windows 7 7201 x64 in the wild...x86 coming soon.

Installed. Working Great!!!

A wierd thing though is when i got to the point to insert activation key it would'nt get past that and i had to do a hard shut down. But after that it worked! Its better now as silverlight installed. It didn't before!

Beside small performance and RAM usage improvement, I have noticed one little but still great improvement. Now when you drag a file from one dir to another (copy or move), there is no black horizontal line indicating that you can put file between 2 dirs or 2 other files, and now the file is automaticaly sorted by name (or whatever you chose: date, type, size...) and not placed just where you dragged it. :D

Now the build goes wrong. Microsoft never fix bugs.

I hate windows 7 atm. It never shuts down properly. It idles at the logging off screen bit. It happened in 7100 and not fixed. I can not work with it.

Now the build goes wrong. Microsoft never fix bugs.

I hate windows 7 atm. It never shuts down properly. It idles at the logging off screen bit. It happened in 7100 and not fixed. I can not work with it.

Sounds like your problem could be hardware or driver related.. you seem to be one of a small few having problems with the shut down procedure.. ;) Perhaps it is idling because it's trying to finish installing an update.. ;)

Why would it update everysingle time. I have had this everysingle time. I have all updates installed.

I don't know what driver it is. Since device manager and such shows no flags or nothing. Plus also im having problems with the computer section freezing when loading my sd card. If they were fixed i would still love 7.

Is it my laptop maybe. HP-G60- 115EM

I even updated the bios before installing windows 7 7201 but it does this.

It probably isn't updating everytime but maybe it's still trying to finish installing an update that you installed at the start and for some reason it can't finish.. ;) (It's just a theory)..

Just because device manager shows no flags or anything doesn't mean there's not a driver problem... ;) There could be a corrupt driver, conflicting drivers, or just a "bad" driver, as in not the right one to be using.. ;)

Did you do a clean install or upgrade?

links?

can anyone give me a link to the x86 and 64bits version...

im using x86 7100 now on my pc but im thinking of wanting to try the 64 bit version...
im going to install the x86 on my other pc...

thanks in advance!

Lol I have downloaded it but now I need a DVD to burn it on to. Thank Bill Gates for the built-in image burner

I'm sad to report my first installation problem with Windows 7 since 6801. Yesterday I tried to upgrade 7100 to 7201 (x64). I got some incompatibility reports for a few applications (ATI Control Center, ATI Software Installer, Daemon TOOLS), but I carried on with the upgrade without removing these apps first. Guess what - "Upgrade has been cancelled" message after about half an hour, and "Restoring to previous state" (or summit like that). However, restore apparently did not work either, I'm now having all sorts of problems (Windows Installer Service giving Access Denied, various apps not working...), so will have to reinstall from clean.

I guess it pays to follow the installer recommendations ;-) Still, I'm sorry to see that the upgrade procedure is not exactly bulletproof.

I'm sad to report my first installation problem with Windows 7 since 6801. Yesterday I tried to upgrade 7100 to 7201 (x64). I got some incompatibility reports for a few applications (ATI Control Center, ATI Software Installer, Daemon TOOLS), but I carried on with the upgrade without removing these apps first. Guess what - "Upgrade has been cancelled" message after about half an hour, and "Restoring to previous state" (or summit like that). However, restore apparently did not work either, I'm now having all sorts of problems (Windows Installer Service giving Access Denied, various apps not working...), so will have to reinstall from clean.

I guess it pays to follow the installer recommendations ;-) Still, I'm sorry to see that the upgrade procedure is not exactly bulletproof.
Use virtual pc

Use virtual pc

Hi there
I wouldn't recommend 7201 yet at least not the x-64 version -- I don't say this lightly but if the Acronis True Image workstation backup and restore program is blocked on this build due to "compatability issues" there must have been some major re-writing of how the partitioning is working in windows - a normal user won't see this but if you are always backing up and restoring systems you need this type of program -- and it's no use saying use the built in Windows 7 image restorer since I'm backing up and restoring XP systems etc etc.

I'd go for 7100 (RC) 7127 (regarded as one of the best builds) or 7137 - also I had no probs with this but some did.

Cheers
jimbo

So far I havnt had any problems with x64 7201, and i did an upgrade from 7137 without problems what so ever.

Actually, I found out that my problems after reinstall were caused by the ACLs and even owner on the root of the boot drive (C:\) were erased - that's why many programs didn't work. All I had to do is take ownership and add ACLs. I think I've read someone had a similar problem with ACLs being erased somewhere.

i've heard rumors that 7201 is the RTM/OEM build. any truth to that? if so what does that mean for updates and WGA once the retail version hits shelves?

i have obtained both x64 and x86 versions. (x86 for my Atom powered laptop and x64 for my Phenom II powered desktop) im wary to replace my x64 Vista installation on my desktop. thats why i want to know if this is the legit RTM/OEM version

Last edited:
Back