Windows 7 7264 has leaked in both flavors

7279 is fake. As for the activation workaround, it has something to do with replacing the activation files with ones from an earlier RC build. However, I have no idea what those files are, or where to find them.

Edit: From Chris123NT:

Ok here's the locations of the two files:

pkeyconfig.xrm-ms - C:\Windows\System32\spp\tokens\pkeyconfig

tokens.dat - C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

Replace BOTH of those files with the respective ones from 7232, Stop the Software protection service before you replace, and start it again afterwards. Now punch in a beta/RC key and activate Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
7279 is fake. As for the activation workaround, it has something to do with replacing the activation files with ones from an earlier RC build. However, I have no idea what those files are, or where to find them.

Ah yes the old Vista trick.. Your screen for 7264 is everywhere.

Edit: From Chris123NT:

1. the rearm trick is simple.
a. enter a cmd prompt with administrator priv
b. type slmgr -rearm
c. press enter

if you then enter: slmgr /dli & enter at cmd prompt... it will display current license/activation info

2. has token.dat workaround been confirmed?

token.dat seems to be working for some people, but I can't get it to work. I think it might have something to do with the differences in x86 and x64

token.dat seems to be working for some people, but I can't get it to work. I think it might have something to do with the differences in x86 and x64

x64 typically has more difficulties. Have you tried using token.dat from other builds (maybe original 7100 RC)? Do we have a confirmed x64 activation or is everything been 32bit thus far?

thanks as always.

x64 typically has more difficulties. Have you tried using token.dat from other builds (maybe original 7100 RC)? Do we have a confirmed x64 activation or is everything been 32bit thus far?

thanks as always.

I'm pretty sure all the activations so far are x86. Guess us x64ers are stuck with rearms. Yeah, I have tried with other builds, not 7100 though. If you want to give it a go, let me know how it turns out.

Edit: x64 RS links now available. Sorry it took so long. PM me if ya want em. I should be up another couple hours.

Last edited:

I havent had a chance to install 7264 yet but with Vista you had to replace the pkeyconfig in both the system32 and syswow64 folders for it to work. Maybe try that?

Last edited:
I havent had a chance to install 7264 yet but with Vista you had to replace the pkeyconfig in both the system32 and syswow64 folders for it to work. Maybe try that?

Thanks for that loathe. I had already tried that, but it didn't work. However, a friend on another forum sent me a set of the files that finally worked. I'm now activated. :D

WZor have a (supposedly working) how-to and .bat-script on their site.
I am downloading as I write this, at reasonable speed, but I'll stick with my stable 7232X64, I think...

However, a friend on another forum sent me a set of the files that finally worked. I'm now activated. :D

Mate, would you mind sharing the list? A lot of people here would definitely appreciate it, including me ;)

Cheers!
Pete

I'm about to crash out, but if you PM me, I will send you a link to the files that I used. By the way, the files are for activating the x64 version.

link please

could some one please send me a link to the ftp for the x64 version ..
many thanks
ian (UK)

We are so close now to the actual release date (7 weeks or so), and with the discounted versions available then, I think I'll just stick with my present version (7201) as everything is working just fine at the moment :)

I don't want to chance that this activation method may interfere with an upgrade install of the real RTM?

I don't want to chance that this activation method may interfere with an upgrade install of the real RTM?

You won't be able to upgrade from any of these builds to the final RTM, only from Vista. You will have to do a clean install to move from one of these Windows 7 builds to RTM.

I'm not convinced you won't be able to run an in place upgrade from at least the 7229 rtm line. Maybe not, but I suspect there may be a way. I'll use a technet ver once they post it and see. If not maybe someone will figure it out like they figured out the activation trick for 7264. I have a nice stable carefully tweaked 7229 now and I would like to preserve it if possible

It's always possible that you might be able to use the trick that Sinofsky posted on the E7 blog, but I would think MS would have figured out a way to block that by the time RTM comes out. We'll see, I guess.

I seem to recall upgrade installing from Vista RC to Final msdn version back in the day. Maybe it's wishful thinking

Back
Top Bottom