Windows 7 7E pre-order: full version = upgrade?

PeterN

It has been widely reported that in Europe the pre-order version of Windows7 E will be a full version.
However, according to the FAQ posted by Microsoft UK
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/buy/offers/pre-order-faq.aspx

To be eligible for the offer, you need to be running a genuine copy of the Windows XP or Windows Vista operating systems

So it seems that the "Full Version" isn't a complete stand alone full version, you must have a prior copy of XP or Vista "running" to use it. i.e. you must be upgrading.

Unless, of course, Microsoft UK have just copied the FAQs from Microsoft USA where the pre-order version IS an upgrade.

This must just been copy and pasted. Since there is no upgrade version avalible. Only full installs are avalible since upgrading leaves IE traces with it.

But the full version is the same price as the upgrade.

Sorry I have been out of the loop, and im sure I could google around, but what is the huge deal with IE and Europe?

The stupid european union sued microsoft so they are not including IE. They will not include IE but you will have to have a seperate browser on USB or CD etc. But because they cant use upgrade since it leaves IE in they are only doing full install copys. But they are charging the price of the upgrade version for the full version until 31st December. So we are getting the benifit. We get win 7 full version for way cheaper but just with no browser. But i hate that they have to tell us that. Since they call it E. Like E on the logon,E on the winver etc. Why do we need to know. If we install IE then whats the point.

The european union is just stupid.

Pre-order version

I am using the RC W7 which replaced my XP pro. How does one obtain the pre order version at the reduced price.

The stupid european union sued microsoft so they are not including IE. They will not include IE but you will have to have a seperate browser on USB or CD etc. But because they cant use upgrade since it leaves IE in they are only doing full install copys. But they are charging the price of the upgrade version for the full version until 31st December. So we are getting the benifit. We get win 7 full version for way cheaper but just with no browser. But i hate that they have to tell us that. Since they call it E. Like E on the logon,E on the winver etc. Why do we need to know. If we install IE then whats the point.

The european union is just stupid.

I don't understand that legal point either: because windows comes with a web browser and a mail client, neither developers can create nor users can deploy 3rd-party browsers and mail clients ? Are there other grounds for such accusations ?

Back