Drew

Banned
That was painless!!

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Hi

Yes went as smooth a silk.
Only 47 minutes from the time I started downloading until I was at the desktop.

It retained all of my preference, software installs, and everything works, including my sound.
I still worry about that but so far so good.

I've already made my system image of the new version.

Mike

I concur. As I said somewhere it sure was an effortless way to have it done. :D Quite snazzy, indeed. :up:

Wish we'd had this 3 Operating Systems ago. Oh well, better now than never :close1:

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Have you tried the update on a tablet or in touch screen mode. Not good with on screen keyboard for me.

Myself, have no opportunity @ hand for those scenarios; only non-Touch PC, thus far. No such hardware or devices available for 1st hand experience. Ergo, I can't vouch for those from any direct use or attempt.. Certainly, there are others, w/ the gear, who can speak to this. :)

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Myself, have no opportunity @ hand for those scenarios; only non-Touch PC, thus far. No such hardware or devices available for 1st hand experience. Ergo, I can't vouch for those from any direct use or attempt.. Certainly, there are others, w/ the gear, who can speak to this. :)

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 28469
Thank you for the reply. I also have the latest build on non touch desktop and am lovin' it. The flaw doesn't matter on non touch screen machines. Have triple boot setup on desktop. Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Thanks again!

Hi

That's pretty much what I've found.
If you are using a PC in the normal manner using software instead of apps everything works great.

A lot of the apps don't seem to work, like Skype, but the normal Skype install works fine.

Mike

Use the Desktop for Windows version so never knew that about the Skype APP. What are some others that don't work? The very few I normally use have all worked. Well, except PC Setting & zPC are a bit wonky recently.

You're welcome, Reggie!! It is, indeed, a very, easy, nice, relaxing, OS to use.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Hi

That's pretty much what I've found.
If you are using a PC in the normal manner using software instead of apps everything works great.

A lot of the apps don't seem to work, like Skype, but the normal Skype install works fine.

Mike
Hello! I really don't use the metro apps. What I am using a couple tablets in touch screen mode I still most of the time are using desktop apps. In tablet touchscreen mode the use of the virtual keyboard is necessary. When you have to type input into a login box or other prompts for text input you bring up the virtual keyboard and it pushes the entire work space to the top to be able to just scroll up and down from top and bottom. Windows 8.1 this work nicely and the old build of windows 10 also. The new build of windows 10's screen (a web page or whatever you are in) just gets covered over by the virtual keyboard. Can't hardly believe they did not catch this. They seemed to be trying to get everyone to go to the touch screens and now they are forcing you to rather use the keyboard and mouse. Go figure,

I think zPCsettings is a mistaken entry. Pcsettings i working 100%.for me. Those asterisks in zPC are for future development, Ifeel, as is the application.
I am also having some failures on the "Apps". Skype included. Not too worried , at this stage.

I keep finding things that I like.
I just found the Default settings screen.

It lets you just move through the list setting the defaults for things like Music, Photos, Email, Browser etc. all on one screen.
Nice and easy if you can find it.

Back
Top Bottom