Windows 7 A Chain of Weird Problems (Including BSOD)!

hiliary

I will be the first to admit that I am not great at computers, but I know enough to know that something isn't right with mine. 3 days ago, I began to use my new Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop, which I recieved over the holidays. I haven't downloaded anything that I can think of, except Avast (virus scanner someone suggested me to download) and Windows Live Messenger, which I haven't heard of causing any other problems when it's been downloaded ( I have it on my Xp computer upstairs, and I didn't have any issues.).

First, I got the BSOD, they came up randomly, once when playing spider solitaire, then when going on the internet randomly, once when Adobe tried to open something, and so on and so forth, my point is that I couldn't find any connection between it all.

Then, the Dell website asked me to do a System File Checker, which came up with the following results: Verification is 99% complete. Windows Ressource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log windir\CBS\CBS.log. I havent got a clue what that all means, but I don't think it should be happening to a new computer.

Next, I am asked to go through Reliability and Performance Monitor. When doing so, I noticed that a)some of the BSOD weren't logged (???) and b) that when I clicked Software (un)installs(and went under activity status), for the past three days, most have them have been failing, which I never knew about, and for no reason apparent to me.

I've ran multiple virus scans, with nothing to show, they all come up completely clean, not even a cookie. It might be helpful, this is my stop error number:
OS Stopped Working Version 6.0.600 0x000000c5(0xacbaa8d8,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x81ce7868)
(Another one, later on the same day) OS Stopped Working 0x000000c5(0xcca448d8,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x81ce88d9)

Here are the specs on my laptop:
Processor: Intel(R) Penitum(R) Dual cpu T2310 @ 1.46GHz
Memory: 2038(MB)
System Type: 32-Bit Operating System

I have made many trips through other forum sites, and been through the Dell troubleshooting page, with no answers, just a lot of questions. Hopefully thats where this search stops! Any help at all greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long message, just want to be sure I include everything to make it easier! Thankks!

-Hiliary

vista has a system restore that uses a clean full system file restore. use that to go back to the day you received the laptop.
if you still get the problems, then, the os is corrupt . dell factories install operating system on hundreds of harddrives at a time.
some do get poorly installed.
hollar warranty real loud!!

how do I do a system restore?

thanks for the help,
-hiliary

Hi,

My laptop is also a newly purchased inspiron 1420 on vista. I was also directed by a dell technician to do the the system restore to factory condition. The next day i got a few blue screen shut downs again. SO, don't bother with the system restore =.=''

I've tried all the tests and methods that the many technicians could give me and in the end..... the last technician said it would be because additional software that i have downloaded. Which successfully put the fault on ME. wtf??

I've submitted for a return, but its been a few months.
This sucks bad since we have paid so much for a laptop that stuffs up all the time. Recently many application failures have occurred.

I will try to DEMAND a refund over the phone tomoro

good luck on urs

Hi Shelz,

Have you tried updating your drivers? You'll need to go the laptop makers site and see if they have the latest drivers for your machine.
Good luck :)

Hi!!! Kemical could be right, my drivers went bad after only 3 months!!!!! It might make you feel better to have somebody diagnose it professionally. May cost a little, but it stands up in court. Get the techs little John Hancock, and then talk to the manufacturer. If still no response, contact the Better Business Bureau. Sincerely, Celestra

Back